Wich soundcard?

I´m mounting a small recording studio with a friend and we have a MOTU 828 to use with a PC but it has a soundblaster Audigy installed wich we want to swap for a better (less troubled) card.

Based on your experience what would you people out there would recommend?

Any comments would help a lot, thanks.

ChiMusic I know that Creative is only for playback thats is why we are using the MOTU, but many times you need a soundcard with a dsp (the MOTU is only an in/out interface) so everything can be done in the pc without need of an external device.

I did a search but didn´t found any references of people using soundcards in recording studios, but maybe I didn´t search well so I´ll give it a try again.

Last edited:
some where

One of the HUGE recording software websites SELLS recording sound cards. I sure do not remember who. Only about 6 to choose from there. Probably a search for PROFESSIONAL recording hardware.

teratec is nice brand for sound cards for novis users
if u wanna go "hardcore"

look for Yamaha cards but expect a heave prize tag too

Delta soundcards are pro audio cards so gear towards a pro sound card if you can and not a muiltimeadia s/c if your going to built a recording studio..
When I get back to base camp I'l submit details on good pro s/c to look out for and some are not that costly.:D

look for a pro audio card: Yamaha, Terratec, Echo... many to choose, according to budget, but for god's sake, NOT Creative!

RASTABT I´ve seen already the Terratec cards, what I need is a soundcard to handle MIDI (4 inputs at most) and to do some ocasional dts decoding, any model you recommend?
Of course maybe a better solution is to handle MIDI in a separate interface, but wich ones are good?

Hi bro well my brother is using the Delta 66 S/C by M-Audio with a midi interface with very good results. I'll find out which midi interface he's using and get back to ya..He did say one and two midi cards are fussy on the Delta 66 win98. It could well B the midisport 4x usb he is using which has good reports on it.;)

Thanks scarecrow. I poked through the threads at avsforum and checked the card on-sale at digitalconnection.com. It looks like super value for $99 and shipping.

I wonder if it would be worth my while to replace the old Santa Cruz?

Try Steinberg and RME

I have a home studio and i trusted Steinberg for my software
(Cubase SX and Wavelab 4) and MIDI interface. I have MIDEX 3 and you can also use MIDEX 8 but this is gonna be more expensive i gues...
My dedicated audio card is RME Digi96 PAD.
Go to the RME web site and have a look.
http://www.rme-audio.de/english/index.htm
I hope that this will help youa bit.