Why Not

Nomadsa

Hi

Reading through the forum there is a lot of questions about which games have what protection on them and how or what setting to use. I think that if the Alcohol Team could include a protection scanner in the image making wizard and then pre-set according to the protection it will make the software more user friendly, I am a 1 do it all kind of person. O.. maybe included the protection of the images in the image list I kind of got 40GB image files and never wrote down which game has what protection and when using the write wizard you must manually set the protection again.

While an in-built protection scanner would certainly increase the functionality and ease of use of the program, it won't happen for legal reasons.

As The-poacher pointed out, duping programs are very close to the edge legally in many countries and the addition of an in-built protection scanner would likely tip them over.

I'm afraid that you'll have to use protection databases and/or scanners and set the program manually for the forseeable future.