Whats your dream pc?

Nizmo

If you could make a dream pc what would u put in it?

i dont know if these are good parts but by the sound of them i choose.

AMD Athlon64 3800 Socket 939 'Venice' Core
Seagate 400G Hard Drive
Asus A8N-SLI, nFORCE4, 2 x PCIE, 2 x GLan, Sata
2560mb ram
Creative Audigy2 ZS Platium sound card
2 of these Gecube X850XT 256MB VIVO-HDTV-DVI
and the most powerfull speakers I could find.

all that only comes upto $3110 :)

Nizmo

waaahhh is that motherboard crap for a dream pc? I thought it was good coz it had 2 videocard slots. And can u really tell the difference between sound with good and bad sound cards?

dx

Nizmo said:
waaahhh is that motherboard crap for a dream pc? I thought it was good coz it had 2 videocard slots. And can u really tell the difference between sound with good and bad sound cards?
Scarecrow is not a big fan of Creative and neither am I. We both like ASUS though.

Personally I have 2x friends who have this board. Having helped them both with setting them up, I can say they are excellent boards. Not good overclockers (if your into that), but stable as hell... as ASUS usually is.

To be clear, Creative makes great hardware but horrible drivers. I would surely prefer an M-Audio soundcard for generic usage, including games, or something really special (Echo Audio, Terratec, Yamaha) for serious jobs. For example, M-Audio Revolution is a VERY cheap soundcard (about 75 bucks street price) and puts Creative cards costing 2.5-3X as much to shame.
Nforce chipsets are great on the papers, but in real life terms they suck... EVEN if implemented on an Asus mobo, which is hands down the best manufacturer for PC mobos (server mobos are a totally different story).

Last edited:
Two ATI video cards in an Nforce motherboard? - I suppose it might work for multiple screens, but I've got no idea if you can set up ATI Crossfire in an Nvidia SLI motherboard.

dx

scarecrow said:
Nforce chipsets are great on the papers, but in real life terms they suck
Excluding the fact that you want us all to break down and purchase/worship the mighty Intel... so I guess all us AMD guys should just buy VIA then eh? :rolleyes: :p

And BTW, LTR12101B is correct. ATI's Crossfire will not work in SLi unless there is a BIOS update for it. Since nVidia doesn't need to do it, I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)