whats the best method to burn music cds

hi i recently started having problems with 1 of my cd players reading burned cds its about 5 years old but still reads store bought cds perfectly now when i burn a cd it has a hard time finding the tracks if i try to select say track 5 or 10 it usaly returns an error message nothing special just "error" when it does find a track it plays fine if i dont search for another track if i do then chances are it will fail....now older cds that i burn say 3 to 4 years ago work fine only newer ones seam to not read properly so my question is do you know what meathod is used to burn cds that are "store bought" or are there any settings that will improve my problem
any help would be great
oh ya this is my car cd so you can see how i would like this fixed

thanks
Erroll

Yes..try other media.Also try slowing the write speed down to see if that helps.Car players are notorious for having reading problems with certain types of media,as suggested by fffclub. ;)

some cheap un- branded media have the tendancy to not play even in some new players :(

this is down to the inferior DYE quality used to slightly more expensive branded types :)

there is a solution to adjust the lazer focus with the potentiometer on the lazer head unit cable that goes into the lazer unit this will increase the lazer intensity to allow it to read cheaper media .... but i would not recommend anyone that does not know what they are doing and to leave it well alone !!! :)

try different media with better quality DYE :)

i did try better media black cds memorx it did improve a bit but not what i expected
i was wondering if the method of burn could make a differance ok i will try the speed test with nero tonight but i heard that there are several methods 1 being disk at once then i think theres another method sorry cant remember the name right now and i was wondering what cd manufactures used to make there disks seams like all of those work great
i have been using roxio easy cd 5 ill try just about any other suggestion you guys may have ,so keep um comin i hate driving to work lisening only to ---- radio
thanks agian

Erroll

VIPER_1069 said:
some cheap un- branded media have the tendancy to not play even in some new players :(

this is down to the inferior DYE quality used to slightly more expensive branded types :)

there is a solution to adjust the lazer focus with the potentiometer on the lazer head unit cable that goes into the lazer unit this will increase the lazer intensity to allow it to read cheaper media .... but i would not recommend anyone that does not know what they are doing and to leave it well alone !!! :)

try different media with better quality DYE :)

i did try better media black cds memorx it did improve a bit but not what i expected
i was wondering if the method of burn could make a differance ok i will try the speed test with nero tonight but i heard that there are several methods 1 being disk at once then i think theres another method sorry cant remember the name right now and i was wondering what cd manufactures used to make there disks seams like all of those work great
i have been using roxio easy cd 5 ill try just about any other suggestion you guys may have ,so keep um comin i hate driving to work lisening only to ---- radio
thanks agian

Erroll

lol
Firstly it looks like a media problem. Secondly your software.
Memorex is not regarded as a good brand. Never has I think. Some people have no problem with it, but others have tons. Here is my list of good quality brands I would suggest to you:
Kodak
Mitsubishi Chemicals
Mitsui Gold or SG
Ricoh
Taiyo Yuden Corporation (sold under many other brand names)
TDK (look for the ones made by Taiyo Yuden)
Verbatim Data Life Plus (look for the ones made by Mitsubishi Chemicals)

Others that are ok:
Imation Gold, Black (but not made by CMC Magnetics Corp)
Some Fuji (some are from Taiyo Yuden)

There are some others I know I forgot (like Lite-On CD-Rs), but if you can find media made by TY and made in Japan NOT Taiwan, then you can't go wrong.

The second issue is Roxio/Easy Sleazy Creamator lol.
I would suggest you try almost any other burning software instead. Nero is similar but better (might want to try it).
Am also curious as to the method you use to burn your CDs? Also where do you store your CDs (because you might be damaging them with heat from glove compartment or some other place)?

Good Advice above but give burnatonce a try s/ware wise & I must say it could be your player.
1 of my cd players reading burned cds its about 5 years old
Bit old laser maybe neads cleaning or sled a bit worn hence still plays pressed CD's but not burnt ones!!

LOOKINGGLASS said:
i was wondering if the method of burn could make a differance ok i will try the speed test with nero tonight but i heard that there are several methods;
1 being disk at once then i think theres another method
there is no other option; "Red Book" compatible AudioCDs are "Disc At Once" CD-Rs;

... i was wondering what cd manufactures used to make there disks seams like all of those work great
commercial sold CDs are pressed and not burned; you cannot compare pressed CDs with burned CD-Rs;
burned CD-Rs reflecting the laser 10 x lesser than pressed CDs;

my Audio favorites are "TDK Reflex Ultra" 74 min 24 x (by Taiyo Yuden)
and "Intenso" 74 min 24 x (yellow package)

i burn them all with Nero 5.5 because Yamaha's "Audio Master Quality Recording";

Greetings from
Duracell

thanks to all

thanks to all you guys for your help i will try all of your sugestions
the response of this forum is great thanks agian and if anything works ill let u all know one last question any body recomend a superior cleaner
to clean the laser head iv got a cd with a small brush on it but i dont think that cuts it

and hey thanks agian
Erroll

NEVER use any cleaning kits... all they can do is misalign or scratch the laser.
If you have a screwdriver, a can of compressed air and a bit of skill, unmount the drive, open the top lid and spray air to the lens for 5-10 seconds without touching the lens. That's all you can do.

not sure what you mean by unmount the drive but i do have the compresed air .........can you elaborate a bit more :)

scarecrow said:
NEVER use any cleaning kits... all they can do is misalign or scratch the laser.
If you have a screwdriver, a can of compressed air and a bit of skill, unmount the drive, open the top lid and spray air to the lens for 5-10 seconds without touching the lens. That's all you can do.

Burn using DAO Session

Hi just had a very quick read of this thread.. :D
And one thing you NEED to do is make sure you burn your disk using DAO...Disk at once and close session for your audio cd.

;)