what software allows me to put over 100 songs on cdr

red book standard defines 99 indices (titles) and 99 sub indices per title;
every real audio mastering software (e.g. Wavelab) is able to master such thing;
but you need a CD player which is able to skip from sub indices to sup indices;

Greetings from
Duracell

is those songs are compressed files..Like mp3,wma,ogg,mpc//whatewer..If they are which i think........Every software will do..Just make a new data disc :)

just a note here ....... what your friend did is totally illegal as you do not own the cds that the tracks were taken from !!!

REMEMBER that copying cds/music tracks that you do not own is breaking copywrite law and also FORUM rules here!!!

To make a compilation for your OWN use is reasonable (and legal/fair use in some juristictions), and is why we hate (and should reject) "crippled" CDs.

Giving a copy to a friend is WHY the companies want to enforce such protection.

it seems to be the right place to clarify a little bit the new german copyright laws;

"AudioCDs"
- unprotected AudioCDs:
it's allowed to copy and rip them max 3 times, only for private (but not only for personally using); i can give away or sold the copies, but when i sold the copies the fee can only be the media cost nothing more;

- protected "AudioCDs":
no copying/riping allowed;

VideoDVDs:
- unprotected VideoDVDs:
it's allowed to copy and rip them max 3 times, only for private (but not only for personally using); i can give away or sold the copies, but when i sold the copies the fee can only be the media cost nothing more;

- protected VideoDVDs:
no copying/riping allowed;

GameCDs/DVDs:
no copying allowed;

SoftwareCDs/DVDs:
no copying allowed;

Greetings from
Duracell

Putting audio tracks you made yourself in a CD has nothing illegal in it... Anyway, if you speak about 100+ tracks it's most likely MP3's and not pure audio tracks ( average track length 50 seconds or less?! :confused: ), so you can burn a data Cd with as many of them as you like (...almost).

one thing to add:
the law i posted above is only relevant, when the mental owner has registered his copyright for the audio/video/software;

like scarecrow told it, e.g. if vesterlee's mate gave him a self mastered CD with a lot of tracks from his garage band (music and lyrics by himself), there is nothing illegal in his initial question;

a (german) justice principle is: "You are innocent as long as your guilt is substantiated"; Shouldn't we apply this to our forum too? otherwise we provoking hypocrisy like:
- "I downloaded my mate's travel journal via eDonkey as a large ISO file. How do i burn it to CDR?"
- "I got my friend's vacation VideoDVD. How do i copy this to DVD-R?"
- "My mate mastered a AudioCD with 12 tracks sea noise from different llocations. How do a rip they to MP3?"
Is this what we like to read?