What is "Exact Link"?

What is "Exact Link"? I have a new drive that supports it in Nero, but I haven't a clue what it does.

from the oaktec site :-

EXACLINK

ExacLink allows trouble free creation of CD audio and other disc types under the most difficult conditions. The ExacLink feature allows high speed, high quality writing of discs on the first try, regardless of the computer performance and drive buffer size. Buffer under-runs are no longer a problem with ExacLink since the drive automatically responds to the condition and continues writing as soon as more data is available without causing a buffer under-run error.

The ExacLink feature allows the drive to pause the write operation when data flow to the drive is interrupted due to other computer activity. When the drive receives enough data to continue, it begins writing again at the exact point where the previous write was stopped and with the exact power level
and frequency used during the previous write. In this way, it appears to a reading device as if the writing operation had never been interrupted. This feature is valuable for writing CD audio discs since without the ExacLink feature, the drive would not be allowed to stop and re-start writing at random times since the resulting disc would be unreadable or contain errors.

:D

@ wedge np bud :) aim to please ...oddly enough i had only just read that info a day or two ago in an unrelated search for sumthing else lol :)

It's a burnproof variant, which is controlled by fimrware- so it does not really matter if your burning application supports it.