What do you want for Christmas?

santa came 4 weeks early, the wife bought me a Hercules 9700 Pro. Oh yes!!!

BTW That audi's for hairdressers/footballers girlfriends

Last edited:
I'd like a DVD writer, but have no intention of getting one until they are a similar price to which CD writers at the moment. About 40 quid., also at least 24x. Then and only then will I be interested ! (Hard taskmaster eh ?) :D

Next year they'll probably drop to under $200 and go up to 8x. But if you wait til their 24x you know there's going to be some new format to come along or a new dvd upgrade or some other crap like that to make these current dvd's obsolete. So there's really no good time to jump into this. I've been putting this off myself so, I know how you feel.

Blane said:
Next year they'll probably drop to under $200 and go up to 8x. But if you wait til their 24x you know there's going to be some new format to come along or a new dvd upgrade or some other crap like that to make these current dvd's obsolete. So there's really no good time to jump into this. I've been putting this off myself so, I know how you feel.
True, true, and true. Who would have thought this time last year that CD Rewriters would be the price they now are so quickly (and for such fast speeds too !) Intersting thing - anyone have forecasts what they'll be NEXT year ? ;) :D

Well I would like the world to start making Doctor Who episodes again :)

But since that is extremely unlikely (the world could use some more geeks!) then I think I will settle for the next Lord Of The Rings movie - even though it will be a day too late for Christmas :)

Boxing day is it ? Well, I'll probably catch it before New Year. Read the book at last after trying 3 times and always giving up at page 166 in "The fellowship" (part 1 of 3) Parts 2 + 3 were VERY dark, apparently (as per a show about Tolkein on Discovery) due to his experiences in the war.

KiSS DVD Player DP-500

KiSS DVD Player is based on the latest technology in the field and will provide you with high quality picture and sound.

- DVD, MPEG-4 and DivX playback
- CD/MP3 Playback
- CD-RW and DVD-RW
- Photo Album
- Progressive Scan
- Ethernet 10/100
- Entertainment right at your fingertips

Progressive Scan

KiSS DP-500 progressive scan DVD player, will provide you with the best quality ever, when watching a video.Progressive Scan creates a picture signal with double the scan lines of a conventional DVD, resulting in higher picture resolution and sharper image quality. KiSS DVD Player will maximize your listening and viewing experi-ence to a much higher level. The digital quality, smooth pictures, surround sound, zoom and still picture funktion will enhance the enjoyment, and everything will be available from your armchair simply by using the remote control.

Music CD and MP3

KiSS DP-500 can playback both the ordinary music CD’s and those, which are using MP3 files, will be thrilled by the easy interface with all the information available.

ISO MPEG-4 and DivX (Ver. 4 & 5)

ISO MPEG-4 and DivX are very well known formats on the In-ternet. The format gives you a high picture and sound quality, which comes very close to the quality of a DVD movie.

Family Pictures

With KiSS DP-500 you can enjoy watching digital photos on your TV. As soon as you have inserted the disk you can navigate though the pictures just by using the remote control.

:D

Attachments