What Did I Do Wrong?

Scooterpig

Have a 1.23 gig AVI movie that I wanted to convert to DVD and used DVD2SVCD with CCE. Had it set to convert NTSC to Pal and it took over 12 hours to convert and when it was all finished I thought great.

But then I go and check the VOB files and the sound has basically disappeared and the picture has been slowed down to an extent of it looking like it's in slow motion, but both of which are fine in the AVI file.

Can anyone offer any reasons why this has happened please?

Also 1 more if I may for the same proggy - converted a smaller movie and movie fine but audio has everyone's voice all deepened from original - any ideas?

Thanks..:)

Can you post what GSPOT reports on the Video & Audio of the AVI. Can you play the Encoded_video_cce.mpv file (or Pulldown_....mpv file) with WMP or WinDVD ? Does this play okay (this is just the video stream so no sound). I'd suggest there is a problem with the audio in the avi even though the avi appears to play okay. Strip out the audio manually using VirtualDUBMod, read the Divx to DVDR Tutorial on how to do that. Convert to AC3 and use TMPGEnc DVD Author to mux it with the *.mpv file.

I assume your using the latest DVD2SVCD 1.2.2 b1 ?

Scooterpig

Thanks CM -

Video = divx DivX 4 (OpenDivX) 02:08:47 (185264 frms) 23.976 1291 800x432 (1.85:1) [=50:27] B-VOP 1

Audio = 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3 44100Hz VBR 127 kb/s total (2 chnls) LAME3.92

Can play the Encoded_video_cce.mpv file no worries and it plays just fine, just like original. Yes am using that latest version of DVD2VCD.

Will give your last method a go and let you know, thank you..:)

Good to hear the video is all okay, thats the hard bit. The audio just needs to be extracted as above, etc. Just one thing, the audio is at 44.1khz and that will need to be resampled to 48khz. If you use ffmpegGUI to convert the audio to AC3, it will auto convert to 48khz for you.

Scooterpig

OK well slowly learning and slowly being the word..:)

I have VirtualDubMod but I can't see that anywhere in the tute so I'm obviously missing sumpin there on how to rip the audio out.

Now with your latest reply are you saying that once I rip the audio I then use ffmpegGUI to convert or am I to rip the audio and convert it with that?

Sorry if I sound like a pain, but trying to learn..:)

In VirtualDubMod, click the Streams Tab at top and select Streams List. The audio track will be highlighted, just click the Save WAV button and it will convert it to a WAV file while extracting. Or click Demux button and it will save it in its native MP3 format. Best is to save as a WAV. Then load this wave into ffmpegGUI and convert it to an AC3 at 224 bitrate, 48000hz, 2ch.

Scooterpig

Well I have done what you said to the letter and now the video and sound are perfect, well as good as can be expected, all except that the sound is now about 3-5 seconds ahead...:(....I don't know why...:(

Use AC3 Delay Corrector to add in 3-5 sec to the ac3 audio file, then reauthor. If you use Maestro, just drag the audio to the right 3-5 sec and compile. If you use DVDLab, there is a util in Tools section to help with a/v sync problems.