Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cdsurf

• spycat

• WhereIsIt

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Hi i just contrubuted to a thread for some one askin about cataloging disks, and i was wondering which is the best, i use advanced disk catalog and it works a treat but has limitations on what format you can save your files in, so i was wondering what everyone uses to cataloge there disks and how versatile this programs are.
If you think the one your useing is one of the best please attach it so we can all give it a try.
-=peace=-

you missed one "WHEREISIT" so long as you get a good version that does not reboot yer puter with a lame serial ! some of us use it here ;)

I just started using WhereIsIt little over a year ago and it seems to do a fine job. And I only use WhereIsIt for CDs burned as DATA but not original CDs (or CDs burned from ISO).

For the original CDs, I just write 0001 - 9999 on the CDs, stack them in order, and use text file to keep all records. Example.

0001 = Windows 95
0002 = Windows 98
0003 = MS Word 97 1/2
0004 = MS Word 97 2/2

And it help to find a CD from around thousand CDs ;-)

i used whereisit some time got a good database, but then i got serial -> rebooting probs and i'm not using it anymore for several month and i got real problems finding all the nice stuff i have on my data cds ...
if someone posts me a working crack for wherisit 3.25 or 3.26 i'll use it again ... cause it is the best imho
FortiTude

I had problem with the WAREZ stuff for awhile, but I was able to rename the .BAK files (now I ZIP them as backup) to go back before WIT played dirty trick. Then I gave it a name (before I left blank) etc. and it has been working just fine.

Here is the .KEY file I use and it works fine with v3.25

Attachments

thx luuve for the key, i'll try it when i've found that installer version in my cd chaos ...
FortiTude

thx for the info php then i don't have to search for the installer

I think I have downloaded WhereIsIt v3.26 or just the KEY file, but I am happy with v3.25 to test my luck so haven't played with it yet.

I like to mess with new programs and sometime I run into more problem than I need ;-))) Like the Nero v5.5.9.9 now it's asking for new KEY which I haven't had time to generate another one yet, messing around with the new toy PC-LINK 2000 that I get it to talk to my SCH-T300 (Samsung cell phone) but it got stuck after reading 4-5 phone #'s from the cell phone (I may have to delete the whole thing to test the software first) and it already costed me 3-4 hours testing ;-)))

i use whereisit too; real nice program except that recently it has been acting up, when i do a search, it just keeps searching forever and i can't even cancel it out :( anyone have that problem?