what am i doing wrong

I have a copied dvd which plays in my toshiba and my optim dvd player, but when i copy this dvd using nero it only plays in the toshiba, any ideas.

i have a pioneer a104 dvd writer and using nero 5.5.7.8 and just doing a straight dvd copy.

hope someone can help

john

I'm surprised that you can do a straight disc to disc copy with an A03. I was pretty sure that the 9.4GB discs were only available in DVD-Ram format. You could try upgarding to 5.5.8.0. That might help. If it was a rip copy then there is the possibility that it isn't standard compliant. Some home equipment are not capable of playing non-compliant files. Wish I could be of more help>>>

We need some nfo please.
What burning software did u use first so the film played on
both dvd players ?

I use prassi primo for all my dvd needs.

nunyabiznes01..u can copy dvd films as long as they r under4.7g.
there is quite a few films that r under 4.7g

the DVD player is an a104, there are 2 movies on this DVD disc which have been ripped apart to fit on a 4.7 gig disc.

Unfortunately the new version of nero doesnt work it keeps crashing and also prassi primodvd doesnt work with my dvd writer. Obviously with the a104 being new they havent updated there software yet.

john

I'm aware that there are a few DVD's under 4.7GB. I've been doing this for about a year now and I've only seen 4 movies under that.
John: Do you know what program was used to encode and author the movies originally?

no sorry i dont know what was used initially it was a car boot job. But i do think i heard the guy say to someone else it was prassi. But as mentioned this doesnt work with my dvd writer yet. But have tried nero and gear and both produce the same results, works on 1 dvd player and not the other.

I was wondering could it be the type of dvd disc i am writing to and my dvd player just doesnt like the silver disc?

john

FYI

i'm using pioneer a03 windows xp 1800 amd liteon 16x reader,i have copied many dvdr films with record now max 4 which is basically prassi primo but made by veritas now,prassi did support
my a03 so don't know why it does'nt work with yours,nero has never made good discs for me they will play back in my pc or ps2 and i am doing everything right,its just nero 5578 and 5580 will burn dvdr but they don't work in all devices,record now max 4 allows me to burn dvd-rw and test the movie on cyberhome 528 dvd player so i don't make anymore bad discs.and now for ps2 dvdr i use fantom cd which is better than clone or any other.
used princo dvd rw,data safe dvdr.

Here's a suggestion. Re-encode the whole thing with FlaskMpeg with the bbmpeg plugin. Should take about one tenth the normal time because your not actually converting anything. Then go to w*w.VCDHelp.com. Scroll down and on the left side you'll see a link for tools. Under VCD/SVCD Burn/Authoring you'll find Ulead DVD Move Fatory. I use it myself and have never had a problem. You can find the crack for it at w*w.cracks.am. I hope that works for you 'cause I'm all out of ideas>>>

johnna
i have prassi with the latest update. It works on M8s A04
so it should work on yours. Give me a place to up it to or
because the two files r only 3.63meg in size i could email it to ya.

By the way...have big a file can i past to these pages ?
could a Mod let me know.

Thanks for the help guys, i managed to find prassi and download it, looks like a good program.

The other thing i tried was to burn the movie on a different dvd-r, i have been using silver ones which worked on one dvd and not the other, so i tried it on a gold dvd-r and it works on both dvd's now. Hmmmmmmmm

john