Well I never

THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

Princo media is well known for being compatible with many DVD players and car stereo systems where other media fails to be recognised. Unfortunately, Princo media is no longer available to the UK market owing to an ongoing Royalty dispute between Princo and Phillips (the patent holders for CDR media).

We are aware that it is possible to import these discs from retailers outside of the UK but we are unable to do so on this occasion, we would be breaking the law by trying to bring in these unlicensed discs. Please be aware that should you try to import these discs yourself then you run the risk of having the discs impounded.

No wonder I cant find any :(

Laz

Be interesting to hear what Ray knows about this, he is back from hols tomorrow @ XSCT.

On the other hand, if it means losing Princo DVD media - it wouldn't be much of a loss

Their CD's aren't bad though, I've got a 10 box of their 2x CD-RW, and although it's slow, the error rate is pretty damn good for RW - I havent yet found a HS-RW with a tolerable error rate

Laz

I've used a number of TDK 12X CDRW (Ritek dye) and they have been superb, always copy VCD or SVCD's onto them of d/l TV ep's and they play on everything perfectly.

However.... When used for data the error messages drive me nuts, either not recognised by the system unless you eject and insert 2 or 3 times or when you want to erase them in RNM the "Wrong disc/format" and eject scenario happens almost every time! grrrrr :mad:

Were was that posted Spottydog ?.

We are aware of a Royalty dispute on stock that has been already sold in to the UK market, but not on new stock to which as we under stand Royaltys have been paid.

Any other info we find out now that were back, we will post

Sorry

Lynxcds said:
Were was that posted Spottydog ?.

We are aware of a Royalty dispute on stock that has been already sold in to the UK market, but not on new stock to which as we under stand Royaltys have been paid.

Any other info we find out now that were back, we will post
Ooops bit late, sorry.
It was at www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk (under a search for Princo)
@ Laz. Yes it was for data that I needed them.
Does anyone Know of a decent DVD-RW for data use (for pioneer 105)