WaveLab 4.0c

Just started to use WaveLab instead of CoolEdit 1.2a and I agree that it is superior but more complicated to use. I should have use of a manual even if it is for the 3.0 version. Somebody knows where to get it?

Wavelab4 manual is not yet out!

For 3 is not on steinberg site anymore?But whats wrong with help files?

WaveLab Manual

@Zvar
nothing you are quite right...but as I am an old man (67 years), with limited memory resources (not upgradeable), am I used to have a paper in my hand with instructions when learning something new. Thats why a hardcopy manual should be nice, so if you find one please inform me.

@Zver

Thanks that will be a good help as I find WaveLab a little bit complicated.
Remains to find a program that can automatic split a recorded LP*.wav file of abt. 300-400Mb into 8-10 separate wavefiles for burning. I now do that in CoolEdit manually. Is there such a miracle anywhere.

Thanks for your manuals which are very useful to me. The way a now use to handle a new recording is as follows:
1.Recording made in WaveLab 4.0 using Pause when turning the LP.
2.Open the entire wave-fil (3-400Mb) in CoolEdit Pro1.2a and start the cleaning process by eliminating all visible and huge clicks using CoolEdits Click/Pop/Cracle Eliminator-- "Fill Single Click Now".
3.Find the diff. songs (*.wav) and replace the "hum" between the songs with 1 sec. of silence (Generate Silence).
4.Setting "manually" a cuemark in the middle of each 1 sec. silence.
5.With the help of CoolEdits "Cue list editor" I split the recording into the different songs.

6.The cleaning of the induvidual wavefiles is made with Algoritmix "Wave Restauration Bundle" (1st X-click,2nd X-Cracks,3rd X-Noice)all separatly one by one. The noice-reduction profile is made from noice recorded from an empty track in the middle of the LP.
7.If the recording has been made from an extremly worn LP I use to run a session "Final polish" in "ClickFix for CoolEdit ver.2.5" by Jeffery Klein.
8.The burning itself is done in WaveLab as a Basic Audio CD with a LiteON 24x10x40.
Thats the way I work today and it takes me 8-12 hours to make a CD from a LP of fair quality but the result is good and can even be listened to in a pair of high quality earphones like my old STAX SR-X/Mark3.

I should be very glad to see your comments to the above method and is open to all suggestions to ameliorations.

All right Gorane zemljace,you are doing just fine(but it takes too much time---well it should be for good recording).Just what confusing me is;i had cooleditpro1.2a,its a great app-but kind of old,had it 2 years ago.If i remember good,doesent have real time procesing-prewiev---for noise reduction is almost essential that thing(correct me if im wrong about cooledit real time).Everything you doing sound good,i would just change that.Go with real time like waverepair,wavelab,soundforge.Or you like that much cooledit,keepit but install some(realtime)plugin like;sf-noise red2.0a,steinberg declicker,samplitude declicker(this one 100%recomended by me---looks basic but gives good results)--that would give your cooledit realtime power.Everything other is good,maybe even too much--im going thruu all that just for my favorites---for other clean3 is more than good:) :cool:

Just to add this!!!

Maybe,if you got lps scratched all over(if they got same problems--all songs)you could do batch processing.Very simple app for this is soufor batch convertor(make property settings for plug--and process them all at once),anyway better way than what you do is just fft(dont even try--thats take time 3x more--or more-depends):) totally forgot,if i were you i would remove step3--not needed

Last edited:
CoolEdit_real time preview

No problem with CoolEdit and real time plug-ins. As I only work with high quality music the final sound is most important to me. I am not intrested in Rap, Metal, HardRock and such kind of crapmusic only good and soft swing music. In my ears todays so called music is 99,99% noice. I want to be able to hear each induvidual instrument if I like to.
Maybe I´m getting old.

CoolEdit v1.2a

@Zver
I see no problem with real time pree-view in plug-ins together with CoolEdit as I use it all the time. I never let a song pass without having carefully listened to it and making the corrections according to what I hear in the preeview. Program makers always talk about WYSYG in graphic programs I will say WYHYG which stands for WhatYouHearYouGet.

I just want to say my opinion guyz....
I've been using Cool Edit Pro 2.1a for quite long time, together with Wavelab 2. (I'm a registered user of Wavelab anyway...)
But after the Wavelab 3 release, Cool Edit Pro started look very oldish to me... and so even more now with Wavelab 4. Maybe Cool Edit Pro was the first one that had Multy track feature, but after the Wavelab 3 was out, it was much better, well a bit more complicated but that's why it's called a pro editor. Wavelab 3 and 4 manuals are only printed and the books are huge enough. It could still be available in pdf format, but unfortunately, Steiberg didn't want to do that. Anyway Wavelab is the only one i'm using now.

I agree!!

DONOT know about others,was good proggy,but wasnt updated for 3YEARS,just go on their forum and see,they joking with people who asks for coolpro2--like;wait we are testingit still,bla bla bla....Suckers!!!Cannot belive that somebody prefer that for favorite audioeditor!!!!!:D :rolleyes: :) :p :cool:

it's quite a nice thread, but I think you should use wave purity to clean the wave
it works perfectly and the result is as good as you have bough the original stuff:cool:

:D Yo guy's never mind all dat it's wot your used to or happy with at the end of de day. There are many other programs out there which all rock one way or the other. Nuendo rocks 200% but I need a wicked set up to run dat software ( daul CPU wood be nice) .Theres Pro prgrams & den there's Pro programs....Nice one guys nad of cause ladies too...L8RZ:)

--------------------
Sorry don't get mi wrong Wavelab is one of mi all time programs.

Last edited: