want to create custom DVD menu. How ?

acraddock

I am a relative newbie to this so apologies if these questions appear simple to everyone !
I have use TFM on several occasions before just in the most straight forward way (converted some mpeg-4 avi files into VOB files and then created a DVD from it and i have to say it has worked a treat! No problem !!

Now i have downloaded another file which again is MPEG-4 (XVID) but there are a couple of things i want to do. (1) Firstly i want to split the file as it is a music video with multiple tracks if this is required ?
The reason i want to do this is because i want to create a custom menu when the DVD fires up so i can pick which track i want to play !
I guess that all of the above is more than feasable but would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction as it were !
Many Thanks. :)

Ally C.

A couple of options, either author the *.mpv and *.ac3 files (or the *.mpg file) to DVD with DVDLab entering a chapter point at the start of each song. (you need to pre determine where these will be by playing the mpg file). On playback this would simply allow jumping to each song/video using the Next Chapter utton on your remote. No messing cutting/splitting needed nor Menu really needed or you could create one with each button jumping to the appropiate chapter point.

Alternatively, you need to cut the *.mpg file up into each Song/Video. Wombles MPEG2VCR is good for this, MPEG2Cut is a good free alternative. Then again author these mpeg files in DVDLab adding a menu that your made from a simple JPG file created in any graphics editor (such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc).

acraddock

I have tried to find a good app to covert my (xvid) *.avi file into an *.mpg but am struggling. I have tried winmpg video convert but it crashses out with an application error around a quarter of the way through the conversion !!

Do you know of any other good applications (preferably free) that i could use !

A bit roundabout, but DivXtoDVD - nearing pro, so get the last free version soon can convert many formats to a plain DVD - no menus or anything, but if it's the only thing that makes the conversion easily, using the created vobs as if they were a DVD-rip for further processing may be an option.