W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool

Go and grab the patch and cleaner tool for this nasty virus that allows a user too access any of the following OS and take control of yer pc.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :eek:

Security Patch Information

For more information about how to resolve this vulnerability, click the appropriate link in the following list:

Windows Server 2003 (All Versions)
Windows XP (All Versions)
Windows 2000 (All Versions)
Windows NT 4.0 (All Versions)

go and grab the patch from here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980#WinXP

get the cleaning tool here

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

Run the patch 1st and then run the cleaner in that order only ok.

Glad too be of service too yah all

The Diplomat ;)

btw, has been updated yesterday to include the newest derivatives :
Code:
August 14, 2003: Posted version 1.0.4 with added support for W32.Blaster.C.Worm.
August 13, 2003: Posted version 1.0.2 with added support for W32.Blaster.B.Worm.
Greetnx

And secondly you might also want to try McAfee AVERT Stinger which currently detects and removes a bunch of trojans / worms :

• BackDoor-AQJ
  • Bat/Mumu.worm
  • Exploit-DcomRpc
  • IPCScan
  • IRC/Flood.ap
  • IRC/Flood.bi
  • IRC/Flood.cd
  • NTServiceLoader
  • PWS-Sincom
  • W32/Bugbear@MM
  • W32/Deborm.worm.gen
  • W32/Elkern.cav
  • W32/Fizzer.gen@MM
  • W32/FunLove W32/Klez
  • W32/Lirva
  • W32/Lovgate
  • W32/Lovsan.worm
  • W32/Mimail@MM
  • W32/MoFei.worm
  • W32/Mumu.b.worm
  • W32/Nimda
  • W32/Sdbot.worm.gen
  • W32/SirCam@MM
  • W32/Sobig
  • W32/SQLSlammer.worm
  • W32/Yaha@MM

also updated yesterday to version 1.8.2 , you can get it here

Greetnx

I had several msgs via MSN (using Trillian as the client) warnings that the worm is out of control and is going to stike big time tomorrow, it may just attack the windows update site, but for safety I thought I better warn you all as this worm may have been updated to bypass the windows patches. :eek:

For any new members who are unsure, export your currently clean registry as a backup somewhere safe and if things go wrong you can import it back under safemode only.

I also had a msg from a friend in the USA on ICQ who had sent her an e-mail about the big strike. I am not even sure if ZoneAlarm 4 will help, I have a dsl Router which has NAT capabilities so if the worm hits pipex.com the NAT function will stop it dead in its tracks as will have no idea where too send. Just means I will get pages not opening up. But I am taking no chances, got too much data to lose. :eek:

Greets The Diplomat :D