VirtualDUB Error

Hi again :)
I am trying to convert my VideoCD collection to DivX, many of them give me an error,
"MPEG-1 Audio decode error:not enough data to decode frame"
This comes up after it complains about a "hacked compression driver" ...It works for a couple of minutes but then the audio error appears.

So what now?

Also I think there is something else wrong, using the mp3 compression for Audio at 96kBits/s, 44, stereo and DivX mpeg4 low motion (with 910 kBits/s) for video I get around 50fps! I think this is too much for a P4 1.5ghz...don't you think?

If your VideoCD's are true VCD's and not some hacked XVCD's then the problem lies with your MP3 and/or DivX codec you have installed.

The "hacked codec" error is refering to the 3.x codec you have installed. The way of the future is defenitely with DivX4 so I would suggest you instal the latest build (4.02) of it. As for the MP3 codec, suggest the Radium MP3 codec. With these you should not have any problems at all.

Conversion should be quite quick as the picture does not need any re-sizing, just compression. Again the Audio only needs compression.

After some teseting it appears that the file itself is corrupted, 'cause it always hangs at the same point and other movies convert correctly...
I tried to correct it with VCDGear by converting it from mpg to mpg or to dat but that didn't help :(

Anyway....Thanks

I would de-multiplex the mpg then with TMPGEnc and re-multiplex with Wombles MPEG2VCR as it later does it correctly and can "fix" many programs.

Both are available from www.cdrsoft.cc in the DVD sevtion.

Cheers,

You can get a cracked version from h**p://granavenida.com/vcdspain/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?PHPSESSID=8de9749e3c9a19d9e91ccc9e56af0889&action=viewcat&id=14

Got it thanks :D
I just closed my eyes, clicked around, and hoped to hit the link...And I did! :D

But. It didn't work...still after de-mulitplexing it and muliplexing it I got that same error apparently at the same location!

BUT. I used TMPEGenc to encode it and everything was smooth. :D

Cheers, and thanks for the help.