Video Gurus - Help for A Confused Dude

Guys,

I've read the guides but still need a bit of help please.

I want to burn 3 files to VCD to be playable in a standalone DVD player. Based in the UK the DVD will only play PAL format movies. I assume I'll need to include Chapters but I'm not sure sure how to handle the file conversions. I'd also like the aspect changed so all films are the same "size" when played on TV.

The file formats are:
DivX 4.0, 29.97FPS - 640/272
MPEG1, 29.97FPS - 320/240
MPEG1, 25FPS - 352/288

Any help appreciated ;)

OLDY

The first 2 are NTSC and last one PAL. Encode them to their type, dont convert them all to PAL just because you live in the UK. Your DVD player will paly both PAL and NTSC VCD's fine, just set ouput in the DVD players setup menu to PAL, not Auto.

TMPGEnc will convert them all to VCD, file 3 may be a VCD already as file size and frame rate are correct.

File 2 is only 320 wide, should be 352 so you will need to re-encode with TMPGEnc. Load file in and select VideoCD NTSC template, encode.

File 1 as a DivX will end up as a 16:9 type with black bars top and bottom. You can expand out the pic to eliminate these and keep aspect ratio correct but with a DivX, generally the end result is a poor quality pixelated movie. Just leave it as is. Follow the tut and all will be well.