Very strange problem backing up PS2 games

sabje26

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with backing up my PS2 DVD games (CD games are working perfect).

When I backup a DVD game with Nero (6.3.1.20, but also with all other versions), the DVD just burnes okay, without any errors. But when I play the disc in my PS2 consoles (one with Ripper II Gold and one with Messiah), they don't work. Approx. 4 of the 5 copies (from the same image) I make doesn't work. When I load a burned disc in my computer's DVD player, it gives a much smaller size than the disc has to be (the disc is 4,2 GB, and it gives the size of 1,25 GB), but when I look at the bottom of the disc, it has burned the whole disk. The strange thing is that when I burn the copy on a DVD+RW, it gives no problems at all.

I tried so much different types of media, + and - (That's write, Nashua, Philips, Arita, Sony, Princo), but they're all having the same problem. I also use two different DVD burners, a NEC 1100 A and a Lite On SOHW-812S.

Is there anybody who can help me???

sabje26

Thanx for your reply. I shall try it with DVD decrypter.

But I find it very strange that it worked all fine with Nero a couple of months ago. I always burned my PS2 copies with Nero, without any problems. Strange huh?