verbatim, mitsubishi

Actually, I have seen three levels of Verbatim CD blanks: Value life, Data life, and Data life plus. I have used the Data Life Plus and agree...in fact in my opinion they are the best of the widely available blanks. I would try to look for the plus (the others are lower quality rated).

Agree with Stevarzo on the Verbatims.

The Verbatim Dvd-r are very good too,but pricey!Never came across the Mitsubishi.;)

For those of you in the US...Sam's Club carries the Verbatim blanks. I picked up a spindle of 100 48X Data Life Plus for $22 and change there. They also carry DVD+ Verbatim blanks at a very good price (in 12 packs for just less than $2 each). Alas, at least at my Sam's Club, they don't carry dvd- blanks (and I have a Pioneer DVR105).

Last edited:
Be VERY careful with Verbatim. At one time, Verbatim were Mitsubishi and excellent. Now you are more likely to get a CMC Verbatim which are crap. Or India made ones, which are on a par with CMC. There are still some made by Mitsubishi but not often, and occasionally Taiyo Yuden Verbatim which are very good. Just hope you dont get the CMC crap like I did - I don't buy Verbatim any more. I believe the Taiyo Yuden ones are Data Life Plus but dont quote me.

Does anybody know or seen verbatim datalifeplus DVD-r that have light sliver purple bottoms and ones that have a darker purple bottoms???

thanks,

johnjohn13

Verbatim CDR's are great. If I was really picky, Id use TDK, but Verbatim Data life plus gets the job done and at Sam's club is very cheap.

I just bought the DVD+RW Drive Verbatim at Sam's club, but they didn't have the DVD media. I guess i'll go to office depot tomorrow and get robbed until i can snag some cheap medial online. I gotta try to burn a movie tomorrow.

TDK uses exclusively now Ritek, which means that one should not touch them at all.
Still the Verbatims I can find here are Tayios, which are great stuff- although I find hard to resist spindled unstamped Prodisk media (80 min) for 22 cents each. Certainly not the best, but ages better than Ritek and other cheapos.

B

burner61

no, my 24x verbatims are mitsubishi´s..the 48x are taiyo yuden now

mosquito said:
i have used many, many, many verbatim cd's and never had any problems..... :)

mitsubishi cd's ???
Verbatim are (or rather WERE) made by Mitsubishi. Now Mitsubishi tend to get virtually everybody who makes CDR's to make Verbatim these day. Crappy producer or not.

burner61 said:
no, my 24x verbatims are mitsubishi´s..the 48x are taiyo yuden now
Are they, junior member? :p
Nice to know... In fact I cannot even find 24X Verbatims anymore, all are branded 40X or 48X.
And in any case, the choice between Taiyo Yuden and Mitsubishi media is a most pleasant one...

Last edited:
B

burner61

sorry i checked my 48x verbatims again..they are still Mitsubishi`s

ATIP: 97m 34s 23f
Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)