Verbatim DVD +RW

Im looking to upgrade my system, and either going with a 160Gb Drive, or a DVD burner. With a DVD burner, will i be able to copy DVD movies? I know DVD's only burn up to 4.37Gb, so what happens if I want to burn a movie that is actually over 4.37GB. Is it possible, and if so, what is the level of difficulty?

I've tried making a VCD from a DVD and have been unsuccessful. Pain in the Arse. Will owning a DVD+RW drive make things easier?

Go to: - www.eazyvcd.tk and download eazy VCD it's easy and it's free.
Spend your spare cash on the hard drive and save yourself from a lot of worry.
Eazy VCD can turn your chosen DVD into a VCD with just a few clicks. You choose the quality you want, it will tell you how many CDRs you'll need and it will produce those files ready to burn to a CDR.
It does take some time so it's best to set it going and go to bed and the next day the job is done.

Just for the heck of it, i tried eazyvcd, and it says no Aspi Layer found. I installed both files, and the ASPI software that was on that site for windows xp, but it dont recognize the DVD. Suggestions?

Perhaps force aspi would do the trick. I'm sorry it's not doing it for you. I'm on 2000 and I've not had any aspi errors at all.

Someone running XP may be able to help though.

WEll i used Eazy VCD and saved the dvd to the desktop, and is this what the files are supposed to look like?

Also, I got a TMPGEnc program running and was wondering if that's part of Eazy VCD as i never clicked on anything and it just opened up. Should i shut down the TmPGEnc program?:confused:

Attachments

TMPGEnc is part of the program so yes, keep it running.

Let Eazy VCD go through all it's programs and it will put the file where ever you said you wanted it.

Looks to me as though you interupted it before it was finished as it will only produce as many files as discs you ask it to do.

IE. If you tell it to do a really good quality rip it will spread the files over 3x CDRs (or more) hence 3 files to burn. If you only have a 75/80 min DVD then you could specify just 1x 90min CDR and get one file.

Hope this helps but there is help on the Eazy VCD web site if I've not covered all the questions.

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.

I didn't stop the process early, I let it run overnight and this morning I had an error from easy vcd. I'll try it again.