ut2003

i have made a successful backup of this game (piece of cake) dont let nobody tell ya different. make an iso from cdrom with winiso 5.3 open the image find the ut2003.exe rename it to ut2003.exe.old then insert the attached crack . then mount the iso with daemon tools then burn back to cd with clonecd
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=1
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0

Attachments

danoman said:
i have made a successful backup of this game (piece of cake) dont let nobody tell ya different. make an iso from cdrom with winiso 5.3 open the image find the ut2003.exe rename it to ut2003.exe.old then insert the attached crack . then mount the iso with daemon tools then burn back to cd with clonecd
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=1
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0
Doesn't the new version of Daemon Tools (3.23) fix this?

DOH!

Danoman you are missing the point entirely,

making a 1:1 copy of the UT 2003 CD's does not include running it with the No CD patch afterwards, a 1:1 copy would install play and be upgradable with any future Official Patches without any tampering,

IE: you make a copy and it just works, this is what we mean when we say that no one has made a working copy,

anyone and his dog can copy the CD's and patch it, but this is not what the challenge is,

however keep trying someone may come up with a solution, although it is looking unlikely.

the point!

the point is i have a copy that works and is playable and the crack is in the cd not inserted latter and as far as tampering goes what do you call burning a protected cd ? all you need to do is go in to the program file and rename back the exe patch it then go rename it again the game works great on my 3 computers all installed off a cd i made with the cracked exe on it not installed after remember it`s just for backup RIGHT

danoman said:
i have made a successful backup of this game
as he stated it is a backup and not a direct copy,dont flame someone for sharing knowladge that someone else might use,you may all want to make a direct copy but danomans way lets you install the game on mulitple systems so it wil be usefull for someone, if you start flaming people for not being "hardcore" then 90% of the information on these boards would not be posted, just think a little befor you go and flame someone for trying to help others by sharing knowladge. :)

oh really well you can also use the crack at GCW the same way and you can even use the exe from the demo or use a good sub reader and it still will work with demons but what you gonna do when you wanta update it then your back to square one needing another crack thats why a perfect 1-1 copy is important so when ever you want to use it for anything it will work.

easy to update

you didn`t delete the original exe you renamed it so you just change it back then update then rename again . thats not that hard and far as hardcore goes thats not the issue given the hardware thats available to us as of now . you like the game play it ! what else is there?

sigh*

Why is there a small core of people who, just because you don't crack open the champagne and get the confetti out, accuse you of flaming?

I was pointing out that Danoman had completely missed the point with HIS comment

i have made a successful backup of this game (piece of cake) dont let nobody tell ya different.
which comes across (to me at least) as boasting about how clever he is and how dumb the other people who say it cannot be copied are,

I can also copy it with a flat bed scanner and technically it would be a good copy, however I still could not use it for playing the game, and neither can you Danoman until you alter the CD which means it is a crack or rip NOT a copy,

I repeat for clarification ...

a crack (patched) or rip (not the total original working contents of the CD) NOT a copy (stick the original CD in reader, blank in writer, write copy, install off copy and play it, without tampering in any way with the contents)

nit picking I know but hey that's how I am :)

no flame intended here either,

sheesh I think the Forum World has gone soft, this is low end, totally timid, so easy going you could sleep through it, NOT angry banter,

now if you want to hear some proper flaming ..... ;)

bullsh_t

the only one dumb or who boast`s about being dumb is nitpickers who don`t matter anyway remember nothing is perfect. soft is the only word i can think of to describe a person who say`s i have a game cd i can play on any system anywhere but guess what it`s no good because it`s not a perfect copy that a load of pure smelly CHIZNATT see ya softy!!

Just my thoughts.

Danoman is talking about...cracked game copy.

Madbob is talking about cloned copy,or 1:1.

Results...both are working backups.:)

a cracked copy is fine if thats what you want but updates are not going to be that easy as just keeping the exe as there going to start to crc check the discs for authenticity and also a 1-1 copy is Legal a cracked copy is illegal and if you go over to cdfre*ks you will find out why 1-1 is important thats all not having a shot at anyone. PS i have for a long time cracked many games similar to you danoman where it installes the cracked exe during installation including those for the use of no cd . you can also use the demo exe for ut2k3.:D

also there is a claim that someone in italy has made a perfect copy of hitman2 witch uses the same protection (securom 4) use blindread to read cd and alcohol to write cd donot close last session go here h//p://www.afterdark.it/cgi-bin/for...;num=1035326468 or here h//p://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56572&highlight=hitman2+copied i have not personally tried this but hope it helps