Unsupported Framesize in DVD2SVCD/CCE

cakeman

I've just tried to convert an AVI using CM's guide & the above programs but midway got an error message stating framesize 1020 x 56 was unsupported in CCE.

Anybody any ideas before the PC goes through the window!

AVISynth errors are always ???x56 pixels and to CCE just show up as a ???x56 RGB source.

I would suggest that you play the script so that you can read the error. Then you should be able to fix it and encode.

If you get stuck post the error message and script here.

cakeman

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I don't know what you mean! Im pretty new to all this and you've lost me

New to opening files in windows?

Can't tell you the name of the file you are looking for as to be honest I have never used DVD2SVCD, but I can tell you that the extension is .AVS and I assume that it is with the other temp files.

This error comes up at times when there is a problem with the AVI. You can try using DivFix or DivXRepair or just load the AVI into VitualDUB, set the Video to Direct Stream Copy and Audio to Full Processing mode and then Save AVI.

cakeman

I've found it Celtic. I wasn't really with you but I've found it & played it in Media Player Error reads "AVISource: Couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc div3 (C:\....\....\....\....\AviSynth_Script_File.avs, line 2).
Hope this helps. I could also try what you suggested CM in the meantime.
Cheers All.

cakeman

Just Checked in GSpot and in Video Codec it stated that the DivX MPEG-4 DVD Video Compressor was misconfigured with this error messgae in the text.

- - ** Problem ** ** File Missing: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DivX_c32.ax

Does this mean anything to anybody?!?!?!

I wouldn't recommend using DivX311alpha for decoding DivX3 stuff anyway (always outputs RGB). Try installing DivX5.xx or ffvfw instead. Both can handle the DIV3 fourCC.

Also I believe that there is an option in DVD2SVCD called "Convert divx3 to divx4" which may help.

Just use FourCC Changer ( from doom9.net download section) to change the FourCC header from DIV3 to DIVX and assuming you have DivX 5.x installed it now should encode correctly.

Also I believe that there is an option in DVD2SVCD called "Convert divx3 to divx4" which may help.
That option appears ONLY if you have DivX 3.11 installed, otherwise its greyed out. Basically all it does is change the FourCC header to DIV4.

cakeman

Thanks for your help fellas. I've managed to get it sorted by downloading DivX 5 and XviD MPEG4 codec and that seems to have done the trick. The only thing is, and I know it isn't relevant to this thread, Pro Evo Soccer won't play the opening seq now which was some kind of video file and just black screens!!!!
Its definately going through the window now!