UK News: ADSL for under £20

UK consumers can get broadband access for under £20 per month for the first time.

In the last week, ET Global Solutions h**p://w*w.etglobalsolutions.com/business/index_adsl_homeworker.html launched a rock-bottom residential USB package for £18.95 (including VAT) and h**p://w*w.fairadsl.co.uk/ began offering an ADSL package costing £18.99 per month. There's an activation fee of around £60 for both services, and then (in common with other ISPs) consumers will have to fork out for ADSL modems and a micro-filter. Both packages are (naturally enough) self-install.

fairADSL is confident its "no frills" service is viable despite its low price. fairADSL say its offer carries no restrictions on downloading MP3 or video files. The company promises that there are "no hidden extras" to the service. Bernadette Ebene, fairADSL marketing director, said: "Our offer is price driven, but in no way cuts corners. We are simply an independent provider delivering our products through, safe, secure and reliable BT channels."

Consumers tempted by the deals should recognise that both services come without added Web space and with limited support - fairADSL, for example, offers only email support. However it plans to introduce some provision for telephone support within the next two weeks.

Just thot i would let you people know

airADSL is confident its "no frills" service is viable despite its low price. fairADSL say its offer carries no restrictions on downloading MP3 or video files.
WHAT !?!?:confused: apart from the fact that both are illegal !? hmmmmm lol you gotta laugh dont ya !!:D

note here that not all ADSL modems bought cheaply support all the current ADSL standards by the providers ! and some providers will not give help or assistance in the event of the self installation working or the modem failing to work !!!

I know a few people local to me thought that was a cheap option till they found that the modems avail cheaply were incompatible with the ADSL my provider operates ! so ended up paying out more for one that was compatible!

so be warned check these things out before paying the cheapo options !!:D

lol i know i just found it when i was surfing about i cant get brodband yet any ways dam BT are taking ages to upgrade the UK

not on bt here "ryan5262" we have our own telecoms here and yes im in the uk lol !:D
costs me £30 a month for ADSL and i wont even go there on the cost of installetin etc but was worth every penny !:D

we have a cable operator here and they offer braodband for £25 a month all in, but as befor you have to pay for instalation. but i hear the service is one of the best out there.

*waves across town @ joripe lol * yeah whos bt !? sure it costs a bit to get installed but if ya read the prices eh joripe we are prolly cheaper as most are average of £35 to £40 a month and more costly activation of ADSL i noticed that with a few of em !! i think the cheapest out there is TELEWEST/NTL but there prices are subject to being cable tv and telephone subscriptions to get cheaper prices so i guess if you dont get cable tv with them they will charge you more !? lol :D

@ Midnightangel our city has its own independant communications company to BT its cheaper in most cases too (example a local call that costs 6.5uk pence inc vat lasting 18 hrs costs just 6.5uk pence inc vat !! lol :) ) we are almost a country in our own right lol ahem well not quite ! lol !!!
:D

Last edited:
thats true @ viper, i am in a telewest area and if you only subscribe to the blueyonder broadband connection then its £33 a month, but if you subscribe to any other product off them then it drops to £25 a month, now seeing as the cheapest way to get another product off them is a phone line @ £8.37 a month there not really giving it any cheaper as you wont need the line once you have broadband in anyway, and the installation is normally £75 but im told they have a half price deal on at the moment. damn and where do you live? im moveing there hehe

@ Midnightangel i cant tell you joripe said he would smack me with a kipper if i told you lmao !!! its a secret but joripes number is 0800 XXX XXX ahem lol juss kidding :D

@ ryan5262 see last message lol hey joripe you think we could cash in on this have you got a spare room !? lol "ryan5262" needs a place to stay he said he would pay yer DSL direct debits for ya lol :D

lol true i would do any thing to get rid of this dam 56k i am downloading that windows 2000 service pack and it is taking about 5 hours :(

LOL...i signed up with the big bad ogre...BT LOL...could have got it cheaper...but in the 5 months i've had adsl i've only had one day with a dropped connection....i will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to a 56k connection lol

yup..your definately right there lol.....adsl starts off great then you begin thinking hmmm.. a 1meg connection would be even better though lol

when my engineer installed my ADSL i was tellin him that blue yonder were offering 1 megabit download speeds at a price he casually remarked oh we do 2 megabit for business already and the modems we supply (alcatel speed touch usb (aka the mantaray dsl modem lol ;) ) can handle upto 8 megabit no problem and give it a year or so and you prolly be able to subcribe to something like that ?! *i choked on my coffee at that point !! lmao !! * so only bout a year or so to wait lol doh !! :D

VIPER_1069 "so only bout a year or so to wait lol doh "
Na Give it about 6 years were i am :(
stevie_boz 5 months i've had adsl i've only had one day with a dropped connection....
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I get kicked every 2 hours and every time some one wants to use the phone and thas normally in the middle of a non resumible download that took me ages on this 56k..... when i switch to brodband i think i will stick with Freeserve im not to Keen on bt they have allways being a bit slower on the old 56k side

Last edited: