[UK] Cased DVD Media, 2 for £1 at Poundland

This MAY be local, but I'll give you a basic review.

Mirror brand media in standard DVD case - shrinkwrapped 2 ( it's a £1 item ) or single ( is that £1, or do they let you have 2 for £1 ? ).

Orange print - DVD-R AN31 code 4x media, AN31 is generally regarded as poor, but the later Liteon 1633S firmware seems to turn in acceptable results.

Blue print - DVD+R IS01 001 code 4x media, IS01 is unknown/Infosmart, and again typical of a cheaper brand - the media code is not included in Liteon firmware, and burns at 4x, but not that well (though it scans a lot better on a Plextor than the Liteon) - with a manual code hack, it seems to do ok when treated as Prodisk R02 (@ 4x) or Prodisc R03 (limited to 6x)

They also had some Mitsubishi 2x DVD-RW (single slim case), some Mitsubishi CD-R (3 pack slimcase) and some unknown 52x CD-R (5 pack tub).

Also, Slim cases (12 pack, translucent colour) - now that is good value if you want slim cases, since the size and weight usually makes P&P excessive

NB. I've bought and identified the first two, but not burned them yet - I'd expect them to be good to average for the type.

As to overall rating, lets just say I won't be rushing back for more - as they are not supreme media for my drive - I'd hoped they might have been Mirror's "fake TY".