Two phantom DVD drives ?

I seem to have, since putting in my dvd writer, 2 phamtom dvd drives. Virtual drives, as maybe. But what use are they ? I have initialed them with my intials (smart eh ?) ;) But would there be any use in them ? Or should I just delete 'em ? :confused:

What programs did you install?CloneCd,GameJack,Alcohol 120%,Nero,WinonCd(to name a few :D),all of them have a virtual device....they are very useful for mounting imagefiles to test or to run from hd without the need for a cd/dvdrom in your device....with a few of them(Alcohol 120%,DaemonTools )you can also mount imagefiles that are unsupported by your burning program to do a disc to disc copy.... :)

as roady said :)

prolly they are virtual drives if u have alcohol 120% installed then no doubt this is where they came from u can unmount them in alcohol :)

or whatever other program that may of installed them !?

clone cd being another :)

not sure if clone dvd installs one too !?

check yer burning programs options settings :)

VIPER_1069 said:
as roady said :)

prolly they are virtual drives if u have alcohol 120% installed then no doubt this is where they came from u can unmount them in alcohol :)

or whatever other program that may of installed them !?

clone cd being another :)

not sure if clone dvd installs one too !?

check yer burning programs options settings :)
Yeah, got both Alcohol and Clone. Love mucking about with different burning progs. :)