tv out question

Hello folks it's been a while but i'm back (who r u and were you ever gone i hear you all ask lol)

my question is a newbie question but what the hell i need to no...

graphics cards with TV outs? does the tv out also carry sound or do i need to invest in a decent sound card aswell to get the sound through my tv.

the reson i ask is i get alot of vcd's (legal ones...yes legal vcd's)
which play fine on my pc....what i want to do is be able to put the tv out through my video so i can record the movie onto tape...but will i have sound from a TV out???? at the moment i'm using a real magic dvd-decoding card which does the job ok but is unable to play avi files (as i do also get some divx files urrr these might not be so legal)

please help me folks

flyby2001 out..........

@ N.B you were hosting my signature mate but the last post i posted i had no signature any ideas mate....cheers

most tv out cards do not supply the sound this is usually done with the line out of the soundcard using a jackplug to phono/audio cables to the tv/vcr SCART lead with a SCART composite+audio adaptor :)

TV out doesn't carry sound so you will need a decent Audio card.

I have my PC connected via the S-VHS connector and Sound card directly into the SCART connector of the Video. This allows me either to watch the VCD on TV or record directly onto VHS.

The only issue I found is that the sound is lower than when watching on the PC so you might want to put a small amp between to PC and the video.

Other than the quality is very good :)

Oldy

You have to take the sound from the Line Out from your sound card. All the graphics cards with TV Out i know, have only an output for video, S-VHS or normal!

thanks folks

I thought that might be the case time to spend some cash (again lol )

cheers

flyby2001 out..........

Why don´t you try a searh in doom9, there are some apps that let you use the output of the Hollywood+ with a divx file, I´ve used one to pass a movie to vhs and the results were good.