tv card won't tune into sky

r0nd0

Hi all, I've had a cheap AverTV model 203 tv card for a while now and decided to mess about with video captuing again so i set it up(sky box RF out to AverTV) and using the Avermedia software which came with the card i was able to tune into BBC1,2 ITV C4 C5 and the sky channel.
I can capture using the Avermedia software but wanted to use Ulead Video Studio 8 which i have heard is good for capturing.
I un-installed the Avermedia software exept the drivers for the card and installed Video Studio 8 all fine exept now i can only tune into BBC1,2 ITV C4 C5 but no sky channel.VirtualDubMod also doesn't see sky.
Has anybody else had this problem and can it be fixed?
Any feedback much appreciated, r0nd0

Update: Fixed problem by making a scart breakout cable from the sky box.
Scart cable breaks out into 1*RCA plug(video out) and 1*3.5mm stereo jack(audio out) then plugs into the Avertv tv card.
Set software to input Composite Video and I can now capture from sky again with a hugely improved picture :D and using Virtual Studio 8.

I still never figured out why the tv tuners in vdub,vdubmod,vs8,virtual vcr,free vcr never picked up the sky channel but the Avermedia software did :confused: (this method was using coax cable from RFout from sky box to Antenna on Avertv card).
Anyway, all is well now. r0nd0

Last edited: