TuneUp Utilities 2003

Been testing this thing for a couple of days now and works great.
Found lots of errors and cleaned out my PC of many things that weren't needed. Has many great features and optimizations for any windows OS system.
Highly recommend you try this app out and see how you like it.
Note it is shareware (more info):
http://www.tune-up.com/

PS
It is similar to Norton System Works only much much better and reliable.
Also similar to JVpower tools etc. Also found this review:
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/guide18.html

Last edited:
wke07 said:
What have you got to offer that anyone could possibly want? Where's the grace?
:eek: Please if you’ve not anything constructive and positive to share with this community please chose another forum else where.
And our members have quite a lot to offer here one is the utmost Respect to others. But if I have misunderstood you I do apologize too you.
Please try to help us so we in turn can help you.

RASTABT said:
:eek: Please if you’ve not anything constructive and positive to share with this community please chose another forum else where.
And our members have quite a lot to offer here one is the utmost Respect to others. But if I have misunderstood you I do apologize too you.
Please try to help us so we in turn can help you.

Hear Hear :cool:

shadoe_phantom said:
Been testing this thing for a couple of days now and works great.
Found lots of errors and cleaned out my PC of many things that weren't needed. Has many great features and optimizations for any windows OS system.
Highly recommend you try this app out and see how you like it.
Note it is shareware (more info):
http://www.tune-up.com/

PS
It is similar to Norton System Works only much much better and reliable.
Also similar to JVpower tools etc. Also found this review:
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/guide18.html
Yeah,I had the trial version for a couple of days.I was so impressed I decided to buy it.They take all major credit cards and debit cards.I just bought the licence key for £25.40.I think you can also buy it on disk(I wish I had done that)Also good is the one from Inkline Global.(PC Booster,Modem Booster) http://inklineglobal.com/

that's good to hear plextorman. I will wait out my trial period, but if all goes well until then, I think I will purchase it too lol (provided that I feel they will keep up with updates as needed, etc...)

Hi likewise I kinda like this baby..
Had it installed back in may I think it was, did not get time to use it..
But after shadoe_phantom posted about this program I decided to give it another bash..
Yes it cleaned up some crap on my PC and tweaked some settings too :D Yeap It's worth the bucks in my eye's.
Thanks shadoe_phantom for plug-in the program.

ps:the rescuecentre works great if you need to put back files or programs you've removed when you've been using this program..

RASTABT said:
Thanks shadoe_phantom for plug-in the program.

No probs bro! That's why we all here, to try and help others and give advise on other proggies & hardware to temp others to spend more money lol. But I should return the thanks to you for the plug-in on Acronis True Image. I gave you feedback on that through PM and at first I didn't find it as good as Powerquest Drive Image, but now am happy to report that after I formatted my HDD and re-installed everything... it works like a charm! Compression is just as good and the program is a mear 11.1MB (compared to DI being 300MB lol). It takes a little longer than DI, but what's an extra 5-10 minutes when you're talking about backing up your drives incase of problems/malfunctions :) .

shadoe_phantom said:
No probs bro! That's why we all here, to try and help others and give advise on other proggies & hardware to temp others to spend more money lol. But I should return the thanks to you for the plug-in on Acronis True Image. I gave you feedback on that through PM and at first I didn't find it as good as Powerquest Drive Image, but now am happy to report that after I formatted my HDD and re-installed everything... it works like a charm! Compression is just as good and the program is a mear 11.1MB (compared to DI being 300MB lol). It takes a little longer than DI, but what's an extra 5-10 minutes when you're talking about backing up your drives incase of problems/malfunctions :) .
Hi shadoe_phantom good day/night to yeah..
I'm glad you found Acronis True Image to your liking..
And yes a very lightweight program in size and CPU useage that I found... So to our member's out hear if your looking for a easy all round backup program for you system please try out Acronis True Image. With just a few clicks and a blank CD (for boot CD) your on your way in no time at all...My notebook which is 30GB took 20 or so mins to backup at a compression levels set to 6 or 7 I think it was..(The higher you set the compression levels from 1 to 10) the longer it takes to compelete yourr backup...anyway thats my plug for now...
:D

Ya true serjer. That's really what it lacks (defragger) but I like O&O defrag for my win2K & XP machines so much, I doubt I would switch using to another lol.
Still would have made it a complete package if it included one. Perhaps for a future version/update. I'm gonna check their support and also email them to see if any plans for one in the future.

shadoe_phantom said:
Ya true serjer. That's really what it lacks (defragger) but I like O&O defrag for my win2K & XP machines so much, I doubt I would switch using to another lol.
Still would have made it a complete package if it included one. Perhaps for a future version/update. I'm gonna check their support and also email them to see if any plans for one in the future.
Yeah,I`m also using VoptXP 7.13 defragger (MS have gone backwards for me in this dept..) never tried O&O defrag...

Yes it is serjer (O&O defrag better than norton's), at least for win2K & XP machines (best for NTFS).
The stealth technology is a nice advantage also, because it lets you continue working on the PC while it defrags in the background while resources it needs are available.
I can't comment on VoptXP because I've never tried it, but have heard from someone else, other than plextorman, that it wasn't bad.

shadoe_phantom said:
Yes it is serjer (O&O defrag better than norton's), at least for win2K & XP machines (best for NTFS).
The stealth technology is a nice advantage also, because it lets you continue working on the PC while it defrags in the background while resources it needs are available.
I can't comment on VoptXP because I've never tried it, but have heard from someone else, other than plextorman, that it wasn't bad.

I only use vopt since o&o messed up my XP system pretty bad and not once but twice (had to reinstall) vopt works great use it in batch mode and it will do it's work while you sleep and shutdown when the work is done :)