trying to upgrade the processor on my Matsonic MS7192sm motherboard

I have a Matsonic MS7192sm motherboard with a socket 370 Celeron processor running at 400mhz. I would like to know if I can put a 750mhz processor from my ASUS CUSL2-C motherboard in the Matsonic.

I have looked at the Matsonic website and I read how the motherboard supports processors up to 850 for the slot 1 socket, but for the socket 370 socket, celeron processors to 533. However, since I am trying to install a non-Celeron processor into the socket 370 slot, I am not sure if it will work.

Also, if there is a processor speed limitation for the motheboard, and 750mhz is too fast, can I put it in anyway and just Underclock it to achieve the fastest speed the motherboard supports

do you have slot 1 and socket on the same mobo? i think the p3 socket would work make sure is not the newer tutalin type. tutalin p3 or celeron won't work on older mobos.

the limitation on the motherboard would be the multiplier, a new bios update would fix that.

the Matsonic motherboard has both a slot 1 and socket 370. I am trying to replace the socket 370 400mhz with a socket 370 750mhz.

update:
I tried putting the 750 in the Matsonic to see what would happen and when i powered on the computer, nothing happened -- it made its normal starting sounds, but the monitor would not come on. i put the 400 back in and all was well.

not sure what to do

follow up question: the reason I am trying to do this is becuase i want to upgrade my 750 asus to 1ghz, and i don't know anybody i can sell the 750 to, so i would rather not waste the chip just to do an upgrade. im not even sure if the upgrade would be noticable. does anybody know if there is a noticeable difference between running a 750 and 1ghz?

don't expect much from the matsonic mobo you might want to go into the bios an have a look and see if there's anything to turn on for a p3 or may be there's a jumper or something in the mobo. try to update the bios if you can find one.

you probably won't feel much diference unless you are lookin at benchmarks or may be a photo or video apps may feel faster. unless you are going from a 100 fsb to 133 fsb then it will be much faster.

thans for the info about the matsonic. i looked for bios updates, and at the jumper settings, but no luck.

i'm just going to forget about upgrading the matsonic, and upgrade the asus, if i can sell the old chip

Last edited: