Trouble With Audio Conversion

hi, im using DB Poweramp to convert MP3's to RM (Saving Space) but everytime i start to convert an error comes up and shuts down the program

any help would be good

thanks

Michael

Conversion between two different lossy formats tends to create more loss and artifacts than re-encoding in the same format.

What bitrate, and have you tried re-encoding MP3 to MP3 at lower bitrate?

Most tools that do REAL, rely on compenents installed by RealPlayer / RealOne - from a company with a long association with spyware-infested software.

There may be other ways to get Real, such as Real alternative, Real at last - though bundlingthe required DLLs with another program is probably technically "warez".

well, i also wanted to put it into rm so i could stream it to people, but i need to convert it to rm to do that.

it has worked before, but its screwing up all of a sudden.

i wasnt converting a 160kb mp3 to a 128 Stereo RM, it begins then comes up with "Error has shut down poweramp.exe" as shown in the picture

Attachments

I choose Windowsmedia over REAL, as the lesser of 2 evils whenever both are offered.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1041539980
Not sure what this goes from/to, but it might be worth a try.

That looks a nasty bug with DB Poweramp - is that the only thing it's dying on?

Installed anything else recently that may have upset it?

Break it down a bit, try the MP3 to WAV (PCM uncompressed, not just a WAV-headered MP3), and then the WAV to RM.

Could something (eg. Real) have updated to a version that is no longer compatible?

Could try using producer to create the rm files instead. It is a free download from helix community. Although you might want to find a nice GUI to use with it.