transferring audio casette to mp3 on Mac

marko61

Afternoon. If anyone has any idea how to achieve the above I would be very grateful for some advice.

from a mac forum .......

Just a stereo patch cable to go from the audio out on your stereo, to the audio in on your computer. Any stereo audio recording software will pull audio from the line in. Hit play on the stereo, record in your software, and save the file when you're done. Itll produce an AIFF and you can just drop the AIFF in your CD recording software,

for software i would suggest Felt Tip Studio Pro, it's small and works well.
get back to us if u still have problems and will look more into this :)

marko61

To VIPER_1069

Thanks for the tip, I did a bit of searching after making the post & got as much from various places, however...

...the problem now seems to one of either cables or my own stupidity. You say "to the audio in on your computer" and the couple of bits I found were talking about using a cable from the stereo into the sound card. I don't appear to have an audio in. It's an iBook sporting plenty of digital connections (USB, Firewire, Ethernet but nothing that I could use a straight stereo lead for. Is there some way round this or am I finding a problem where there isn't one?

A little more of your time will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

I used to use Magix "Audio Cleaning Lab DeLuxe 3.0",which features special features (and pre-set filters)for cleaning up/and ripping sounds from audiocassettes.Not bad.I dunno if they do a version for the Mac though?
"Digitally Re-Master and Burn to CD...Simple!" Remember this is AUDIO, so (obviously), no DVD options.(Yes,I know about the new DVDAudio standard.. :D but this program was made in 1992!)
"Records,cassettes,CD`s and MP3.."
"No pre-amp required.Simply connect the PC soundcard with the stereo system via a Hi-fi cable (cables supplied),record and go!" (hmmm..Obviously.)
Interesting to see,(that like Nero also),it uses its own special ASPI layer...
Worth checking out?
http://www.magix.com

Last edited:
Cleaning Lab has no MAC version.
Both Wavelab and Samplitude have great MAC versions which can do what you want fairly easily, plus way more. But both are not exactly cheap, while most VST plugins that worked for MACOS9.X don't work under MACOSX and vice versa.
I guess that money is not a problem for any MAC user though... :p
@ Plextorman: ASPI layer for MAC? Wow! ;)

marko61

Thanks for your help all. Turns out I need to buy an external audio adapter to compensate for the lack of line in socket. & I haven't finished paying for the computer yet. Money was no problem until I bought a computer!

Thanks

"Money was no problem until I bought a computer!"
And with the MAC-a lot more so... :D
Even the famous (and filthy rich) rock star "Meatloaf" (a renowned Mac fanatic)..He claims it's all he buys or has ever bought..And any time he has a mishap with it (or even if it only needs defragging..),he just throws it in the garbage and gets a new one almost instantly..(I`d love to be HIS trash man!)..Now that`s a RICH Mac owner for you... :D :D

Last edited: