Toshiba SD-C2502

Hi all,

I have a laptop equipped with this DVD-Rom which i bought in Hong Kong. For some reason I can only play Chinese DVDs but not dvds of any other countries. I tried using ANYDVD but still it doesn't work. There is no error message that pops up. I have tried using powerdvd and also windvd. no error message. the disc just keeps on spinning but nothing happend. Please help me.

But if its something to do with the region shouldn't there be a popup windo which tells me i have the wrong region?

There are no popups at all. The disc just spins non-stop

I'm using DVD Region+CSS Free but the problem is still occurring. Now I get an error message. Its in chinese though. not sure what it means.. 'coefficient' is wrong. then i have an error code for that :80070057.

I'm using WinDVD. Please help me.

Some versions of WinDVD don't play all regions (software lock).
Have you tried another player, e.g. VLC Client or Media Player Classic?

I have the latest version of WinDVD. I have also tried PowerDVD also latest version. Also used Media Player as well. Still the same problem.

this page gives the firmware for region free here

study the website on how to do it :)

i also read that you can either only have the dvdrom or the floppy attached as these are external devices !? (you can confirm this information)

if this is the case you may need to make a boot cd version of the firmware upgrade we can give advice on how to :)

you will also have to alter the bios to boot cdrom as the first device this too we can also give advice on :)

you will need to find out what the current firmware you have with that drive before choosing the new region free firmware :)

use This TOOL to determin the drive firmware you currently have :)

another alternative is this a TOSHIBA region change tool ..note this will allow only 5 changes before becomming locked to the last set region ... if you only require just the ONE region Then this is not an issue :) set it to your location region ..although you will NOT be able to play any other region :(

let us know if more information is needed and we can talk you through it :)

Thank you all very much for your replies.

My device is a laptop and everything is internal.

I've tried region tools and everything to do with regions. However I don't think that is the problem because the same error continues to occur. I've used DVD Region+CSS Free as well but the disc still spins with nothing playing.

please help.

Try It On Media Player Classic..!

Search On Google.co.uk..! I Use That Extremley Easy.. Most Plugins Are Built In The Proggy & Its A Standalone Proggy..!

I've tried everything. I can't seem to be able to play any DVDs. All I know for sure is that it's not a region problem.