Top 11 Reasons You Shouldn't Upgrade to I.E. 7

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="496"> <tbody><tr><td align="left">11.</td> <td align="left">Because prime numbers are inherently evil.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="28">10.</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because Bill Gates will give you a dollar if you use Firefox and email this top 11 list to 11 friends.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because your pirated version of Windows won't let you install it.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">
Because some 13 year old in IRC said that IE7 was "teh scuk."</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">7.</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because you'll have a hard time finding the new IE icon on the desktop.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">
Because it's no longer cool now that it's out of Beta.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">
Because they don't make it for Linux.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">4.</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because your son will yell at you if you do an upgrade without his approval.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">3.</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because Microsoft hasn't made a good browser since Netscape Navigator 4.0.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="16">
Because the Mac nerds already have enough reasons to beat you up. </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left">1.</td> <td align="left" width="473">
Because there are plenty of known bugs in IE6. No need to get new ones in IE7.</td></tr></tbody> </table>
BBspot

Ultimately, you WILL need to install IE7 for related security updates, even if you never actually use the spawn of Satan as browser.

Must admit, I installed it on release day (beta, noo way!), and now I've forgotten what IE6 was like, I just wish they'd given it some more customization options, such as to make SHIFT do a new window - also absent, no "open in new tab" option in rightclick.

I keep threatening to go Opera or FF, but with firewall and "safe" ActiveX settings, I reckon IE is reasonably well covered, with "Offbyone" as my standby for the totally untrustworthy.

The main thing you think when you look at IE7.... They've had plenty of time to look at the opposition, so why did they make such a lame job of playing catchup?

Of course, there are a chunk of "under the hood" changes, as well as the late move to tabbed browsing - a fairly robust clampdown on ActiveX is perhaps the strongest security move.

LTR12101B said:
I keep threatening to go Opera or FF, but with firewall and "safe" ActiveX settings, I reckon IE is reasonably well covered, with "Offbyone" as my standby for the totally untrustworthy.

OPERA has got SAFE ACTIVE X ... so safe IT DOES NOT use it at all :p :D

can't get much safer than that :p :D

try it you may like it :p

you can also just hit F12 to disable/enable java & java script /popups / sound and gif/svg images and a few more options plus with various button settings images can be enabled/disabled with a single click (this is a great feature for dialup users that i used opera for originally! ):)

i find it great using the opera search ini editor to make custom search bars for various search engines and e-retailers such as amazon/play.com etc for instant searches :)

TABBING has been the norm in opera for a long time now along with right click open in new tab :D

sure it trips over at some odd pages but hey cannot grumble its served me well for years :)

you could always use mozilla/firefox as an alternative :)

both are good alternatives to sucky M$ efforts at yet more buggy more insecure browsing :(