TMPGEnc

Ystud,This is a job for Chickenman!If anybody can help you,he can.Be patient,he'll take care of you.:)

additional info

It is related to the tutorial by chickenman. i.e. Step 4a VCD conversion. Point 3 states click the video source button and select your *.D2V. TMPGEnc does not recognise the .D2V file extension.

TMPGEnc does recognise D2V files but ONLY if you have copied the DVD2AVI.VFP file into the same folder you have TMPGEnc installed in (as mentioned in Step 1, part 3.)

Without this file, TMPGEnc has no idea how to handle a D2V file so you get that error.

Chickenman, - where do I get the .VFP?

Can find DVD2AVI.exe all over the net, in many versions, but when it comes to the VFP all the links I have found for download are blind ends. (The same is the link at cdrsoft.cc for DVD2AVI 1.82:rolleyes: )

Everybody talks about it, but nobody seems to have it. Where to get this .VFP Plugin?

Downloaded and installed DVD2AVI v.184, which claims to have the VFP included. I installed it to TMPEGenc folder, but can't see the VFP anywhere. Can it be build in the DVD2AVI.EXE?

I do not recomend the use of DVD2AVI ver 1.82. Regardless of what it says, DVD2AVI.VFP is NOT included.

Only use Ver 1.76 and get it from the authors home page: h**p://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi

Thanks guys

Got the 1.76 and the VFP. Going to use that.

Did you know, that they are even offering v1.85 by now. (h**p://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm) Also notice that same sources are confirming that v.1.82 does not function with TMPEGenc.

Last edited:
Yes thats true, the versions 1.8 and above have not been written by the same guy that wrote ver 1 to 1.76 I believe its now even based on different source code. Its simple not the same program and should be called a different name.

To ChickenMan

Okay, we'll stick to v1.76.

But please notice that "h**p://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi" is dead by now, so you can't get it from there anymore.

Also, would it not be a good idea to remove/replace the link for v.1.82 at cdrsoft.cc download page. The link is dead, and that version is not functioning anyway.

It can be very frustrating for newbies like me, and give loads of quistions to you from people wanting to follow your tutorial.;)

aye

youre right chicken mate the program is a totally different program from the original , digital-digest in the dvd section offers you the program or the modified version. i wonder why the original author chose to abandon the project? hmm

:)

The original author is a student, he simply ran out of spare time. :( His site at h**p://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/ is still working for me, you did replace the ** with tt didnt you? :D :D

ThaiJan, in my tutorial I make no mention of ver 1.82 nor a higher version then 1.76. If you chose to use ver 1.82 then you are not following the tutorial as I have suggested. :D

Ver 1.82/85 is usefull for some people that want to use it for making SVCD with CCE, as it does have better cropping/re-size than the original 1.76 ver.

I've done just as you tell me

ChickenMan, I have done exactly as you are telling in your tutorial. Including installing v1.76. ;)

And yes, I did replace the **, but I kept getting a page saying that the project was closed, and that is was moved to another site. But no link to the new site. That's why I started to look for it in all the search engines, and came across all those new versions.

And because I was confused about those new versions, I came to this thread, and as always I got what I was looking for. Thanks.;)

But I do have another serious problem. Please have a look at this thread: h**p://forum.cdrsoft.cc/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1804" Thanks in advance

Additional: Oh my God!! Couldn't get the Panasonic Plugin method to work, I have now tried the DVD2AVI (v1.76) method. Not funtioning. Hmmm. When I hit "save project" DVD2AVI just close immediately not creating any files at all. What's wrong?
:confused:

Last edited:
I have just reinstalled a new copy of Windows2000 and set up IE & Netscape and I'm able to log into the DVD2AVI home site address no problems.

But with all these programs not working on your system, I would be inclined to suggest its time for a Format C: With all these programs not working, then you have a major system problem.

Everything up'n running

Formatted C: / reinstalled all programs.

Now all is running perfectly, and DVD=VCD goes like a dream:D

Thanks for your help ChickenMan (and sorry if I've been a pain in the ass);)

Must say, have been checking out a lot of forums by now, and cdrsoft.cc is simply great. You guys know your ABC (-but that's also what they are saying all over the net).

Thanks again :) :) :)

Good to see all is now working as it should. Its surprising what a Format C: can do to fix a system. :D :D

Thanks for the kind words. We have a good team of Mods / Gold Members and normal members that are helping one another. That makes a great forum so have a great time here and enjoy.