TMPGenc plus

r0nd0

Hey guys i've done the stupidist thing.
I've ran out of disk space whilst encoding on TMPGenc plus DVD Author. :eek:
It was an 11 hour encoding session and it only had 54 minutes to go. :eek:
I still have the incomplete files.
Is there any way I could just pick up again where I left off ? with a different program maybe ?
Any Help appreciated :D

Forgot to say I've been converting Divx/Xvid .avi files to DVD and TMPGenc is the first program I use to get the .m2v and .mp2 files,then IFOedit to make the DVD folders with movie inside, then nero to burn.

Thankx in advance, r0nd0

so have you already got the mp2 and m2v files available and complete !?

you can feed these into prolly any authoring program and work on them :)

r0nd0

I have mp2 and m2v files but they are incomplete cause i ran out of disk space before encoding was finished. I ran them through IFOedit anyway then played the files on power DVD.
There was no sound and some way through the movie the titles for the movie came up then froze and it stayed like that until the end.
The files should be 4GB but my incomplete files are only 2.8GB.
The percentage bar on TMPGEnc says 91% complete.
I need to resume what TMPGEnc was doing (if possible)to finish the last 9% (54mins).

Any Ideas?

Yeah celtic-druid I think I may just scrap the project and start again.

Thanks anyway. :D

Last edited:
Why dont you just use DVD2SVCD w/ CCE to convert the Xvid, will do the conversion in 1/3 the time that TMPGEnc does it all and auto authors it for you as well. Read the Tutorial section for a how to.

r0nd0

Thanks, ChickenMan sounds good to me.I'll read the tutorials and give that a go.1/3 of the time sounds good, really good.

I re-encoded the project I was working on and it finished encoding this time.
However the same thing happened, It played with no sound and when it got about 1/2 way through, the movie titles came up froze and stayed like that until the dvd stopped playing(an extra 1 1/2 hours).
The movie should only be 79mins long but the dvd that is made is 3 hours long. :confused:

I did encode it on Normal but I've did another 4 the same way and they are fine.

The Xvid is fine and plays with sound for 79mins with lipsync perfect right to the end.
The Xvid file is 700mb but in the bitrate settings of TMPGEnc it says the file will take up 163% of the disk(approx.7GB i think). :eek:
So I shrank It to about 94%(approx.4GB) to encode it.Would this be the problem as this is the only movie this happened on.The other files were also around 700mb but ended up being between 1.6GB and 2GB.

Sorry guys I'm not looking for a fix for this problem as I'm going to try what ChickenMan says, but if anyone knows a possible reason for the dvd being 3 hours long instead of 79mins or why the Xvid 700mb file expanded to 7GB I'd be gratefull to hear.
THANKS ALL :D

Update:Took audio (.wav) using Virtual Dub then used that file as the audio file in TMPGEnc and the bitrate settings now say 100% diskspace(4GB instead of 7GB) which i have put down to 95% to encode. lol will find out if it worked in about 13 hours :D

Last edited:
TMPGEnc plus sometimes detects the length wrong for XviD AVI's, using the source range filter to let it know the real end frame. Frameserving with AVISynth should also help, means that the audio is decoded to PCM on the fly to, so no need for VDub. Results in faster encoding times to if you have AVISynth do the resizing.

r0nd0

Yeah Celtic_Druid that sounds exactly like what it could be, I'm off to check it out, Cheers m8 :D

Update:The source range finder worked and the file is a normal size now in TMPGEnc.
I've just got DVD2SVCD and CCE so I'll give that a go instead of TMPGEnc.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Only had my dvdr for about 2 weeks now. lol, bought It thinking you just stick .avi files in nero and out popped the disk.
How very wrong I was!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:

r0nd0

Wow, I used DVD2SVCD w/CCE and chicken-man's tutorial to convert the Divx/Xvid files to DVD and I'm amazed at how fast it is.
From .avi to the finished DVD in my hand took only 3hrs 5mins.I do however have a little lipsync problem.The video files created play fine in PowerDVD with lipsync perfect until the end, It's when I burn it to DVD the lipsync problem happens.I used the burning tool in TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn the DVD as I have nero6 and Chicken-Man's tutorial say's not to use nero6.(I tried it anyway but It's the same)

Am I correct in assuming It's a burning issue as the files play perfect in PowerDVD?

Chicken-Man's tutorial says to use Nero5, is nero5 better for burning DVD's?

Once again any feedback appreciated, Thanks.

The latest Nero 6.3.x is fine in DVD-Video mode, but 6.0.x sucs big time. 5.5.10.x is rock solid.

PowerDVD is pretthy good but I never trust its lip syncing, if WinDVD plays it fine, thenit will burn and playback fine. Does the DVDR play in other players okay or still out of sync?

EDIT: Did you convert the audio to AC3, if so what file did you convert? What is the EXACT frame rate of the original AVI as well? If the frame rate is not EXACTLY 23.976 (or 25 or 29.97) then it makes adjustments for that but only the Encoded_audio_1.mp2 file has adjusted audio. Use ffMPEG to convert the mp2 to AC3 to keep sync.

r0nd0

Thanks CM, it seems that it was only the one file I was having trouble with, I've done a couple more and they seem to be fine.
I done myself a favour and just got rid of the trouble file as I could have encoded about 20 other files in the time I spent on 1. :D
Think I'll just move on for now but if the problem arises again with another file I will try what you said.
Thanks again all for your time.
r :) nd :) .