TMPGEnc Plus v.2.57.41.146 is supporting .vob file?!!

TMPGEnc Plus v.2.57.41.146 is supporting .vob file?!!(early version dont support) I load little VTS_01_1.VOB file direct source file mode.file of type setting is all file. (testing file is only 2mb).TMPGEnc Plus v.257 new version dont give a error.load end encoding file?!WHy?!we dont need rempeg to or CCE?!I dont know?!do u have idea?thanks for answer and sugg.

Last edited:
The last few versions of TMPGEnc have been able to load in VOB files, but for Video only. It cannot handle the Audio AC3 tracks however.
It will also only load one VOB file in at a time so you would need to rip a DVD to 1 VOB file on your HD. Encoding times are substantially slower than with CCE also.

Hi ChickenMan,
Is it faster to encode vob file with TMPGEnc comparing to Remeg2. I tried to use remeg2 with 1 vob = 0.99 GB and it takes me about 1 hr- 1hr 20' AMD 1800+ , while using CCE = 20 minutes, but the problem with CCE is that, the video and sound are not match. I think I might try TMPGEnc and give it a shot

TMPGEnc generaly takes about twice the time as CCE does to encode given the same settings. I suggest you give it a try to confirm.