tmpgenc 2.58 tools query

I have cut vcds with tmpgenc 2.58 tools.
Vcdeasy reports that the packetsize is correct, but the films stutter as if the packetsize is incorrect.
The problem is worse on my philips standalone than my aiwa one.
Should I go back to m2edit?
Vcdeasy reports incorrect packetsize after transcode but the movie works better on the philips.

Its the usual packetsize problem, speeding up and stuttering which is temporarily fixed by pressing stop then resume.

;)

I assume your latling about using the new DVD2SVCD / TMPGEnc method for making VCD's.

To be honest, I have only done 6-7 movies that way (I make SVCD's now!) to test it out and found no fastforwarding/stuttering problems on playback on my DVD Player ( a Hiteker or Apex AD600) Phillips DVD Player would have to one of the most tempermantal DVD players around, so all I can suggest is if M2-Edit fixes the problem, then continue using it and I will ammend my Tutorial accordingly. Have a chat to Crash, she has a Phillips and using the same method of VCD encoding now (and loving it!)

I should have been clearer m8!
I'm using the original method of vcd (not dvd2svcd) to convert some avis to vcd that dvd2svcd rejects.
I always try svcd first but many of the divx files I have crash cce.
I'll just stick with m2edit for now.

Okay, the golden rule is:

If TMPGEnc is used to cut or merge an MPEG file, then use M2-Edit to re-packetize, end of story. If it used to Encode ONLY, then no use of M2-Edit is needed.

De-muxing with TMPGEnc and re-muxing with MPEG2VCR igives the same result as re-packetixing with M2-Edit. Just that M2-Edit is quicker.