Those wacky rednecks

They wunt a guvment thet reflects they fam'ly values.

Them polyticians in Washington has lissened to they call. The president is the man.

Doan let them gays marry. More guns.

(Yes, they're a ball-of-laughs til they take over your P.T.A. and get rid of all the natural science books with reference to evolution. I'm from Alabama, and I know.)

Yup, a real tradgey, but I might call that more of a religious extremist view. I wouldn't call people from the muslim government based countries rednecks, but the results are very similar (if it aint in the book then its heresy).

I think the founding fathers got it absolutely right. There is no place for a government sponcered religion in our government or its programs (public schools for ex.). All it does is polarize people and cause problems.

If you like laughs and want to have something to think about, watch Dogma. It says its not ment to be serious, but there are some realy good points brought up in it (there is some cussin' and if you take religion seriously than you aren't going to like it). Imagine, a comedy that slips something serious under the radar. Its like learning something on summer vacation. Sneaky bastards!

Sorry for the rant, but you hit one of my pet peeves.

Watch-out Dnd4ever ('yur a sychotic divil-worshipper, entcha boy, playin' wit them non-Christian monsters en' sech. . . ') we're not supposed to have political discussions on this forum. I know I got real close to having my comments expurgated.

Having said that, I agree with you for the most part. I might just ask you to reflect on the fact that many devout moderate Muslims consider the radical conservative movements that are threatening Western society to be part of a fight to take-over modernising Islamic society rather than to genuinely express a religious devotion.

Now we might extend that line of reason to the Muslim-hating fundamentalists of North America, who seem less concerned about spreading the message of Christ's transcendant love and merciful tolerance than with keeping the wrong-kind-of-people out of the schools and the country-clubs. . . .

You don't know the half of it. Theys' even christian monsters in thar.

Seriously we hang around, eat, catch up on what's going on in our lives and use our imaginations and intellects to interact with made up situations using abilities and resources that don't exist. Its refereed play acting that gives you a chance to think without it having to be about anything serious.

As I said at the end of the post, I am sorry for the rant. Originally I just wanted to share some funny pics. The first guy (its his fault :)) mentioned the Alabama school issue and well.... guess I'll have to learn to bite my tongue.

As to the comment about Muslim governments, I left off the word extremists (though it was in the first sentence) and it was to illistrate that his censorship issue is not unique to rednecks (just extremist). My chosen example just happen to be the most current example of extremists I knew that have made the lives of their citizens difficult (history is full of them in all our cultures). Not all Muslim governments are extremists and I have no issue with them in general {can't we all just get along?}. And in closing, yes, western societies have their fair share of guilt.
{I will not go on a rant... I will not go on a rant... OW... blood}

Now lets all get back to the subject at hand... Comedy (that's all I realy wanted.. honest). I liked the picture of the truck on the roof the best myself. Haven't figured out if he drove it up there for a joke or a tornadie dropped it thar.

Don't give me that "Christian characters" excuse, Dnd4ever, it won't wash with the Lord! I myself -- in my hard-drinking, pot-smokin', rantin' and fornicatin' days before I was saved -- dabbled in the excrable diabolic dungeon-trawling that is D&D. I seem to recall that the first edition of Deities and Demigods (that Momma packed-up along with posters from the wrectched animated first Lord of the Rings movie) included all manner of outlandish heathen idols and false-prophets. They got Fafrd and the Grey Mouser in there as well as some of them Jell-0 monsters from H.P. Lovecraft. All I can say is, if it looks funny and it smells funny to a Deacon of the Dauphin Way Baptist Church, well then it's an unholy abomination. Like Bill Clinton.

Just for bringin' your blasphemy into this sanctified conventacle of DVD copying (and 'lo, it was for personal use alone, verily. . . ) I'll invite you to the first portal of hell:

http://www.voiceone.com/html/mobile.html

Once you've repented, you can turn to Number 423 in the Hymn Book, and we'll all sing God's music together:

'M' is for the mudflaps she give me for my pickup truck.

'O' is for the oil I put on my hair.

'T' is for Tbird.

'H' is for [Merle] Haggard.

'E' is for eggs.

And 'R' is for REDNECK!!

Now that's what I'm talking about, humor (I think?).

I agree, God must hate trailers/mobile homes. Think he'd bump the one next door to me up on the list if I pray real hard?

Check this link out. The D&D clip probably comes closer to reality than most players would like to admit. There is an animated video clip of this as well, but it 30Mb (absolute riot though) and a part 2.

http://www.deadalewives.com/funny.ccc