The OTHER burning software

Hi everyone, we all know that Nero is the most used program, but my question is 'How is your experience using any of the following allrounders' (not Nero, latest versions only):
-NTI CD&DVD Maker Platinum 6.5
-WinOnCD/DVD 6.0
-Easy CD&DVD Creator 6
-Sonic RecordNow Deluxe 6.5
-B's Recorder Gold 7
-DiscJuggler 4.1

These are the most used allrounders, in case I missed any, please correct me. [update: DiscJuggler added]

Right now I am using NTI CD&DVD Maker Platinum 6.5, haven't had any problems so far with it, runs very stable. What is your experience using this program (latest version only!)?
Last week I tried Sonic RecordNow Deluxe 6.5, complete crap, there are (almost) no options available to play with. Yes, it's easy to use, but for me that's too easy. RecordNow 4.5/4.6 was the best version so far.
Easy CD&DVD Creator 6: too much bloated for my taste
WinOnCD/DVD 6.0: I have it installed on my putter, not bad, but previous versions were better
B's Recorder Gold 7: haven't tried that yet

OK, so anyone using any of the above programs, please post your experiences here. It is good to have a stable & reliable burning software other then Nero, but which one could that be?!? :D

Cheers
aLiEn

Last edited:
catachresis said:
Diskjuggler.
correct DJ is the best (but takes some learning)(If indeed there is a "best") <> I dont actually use it
Like many I use different s/ware for different jobs.It boils down to use what U like & what works for U:)

I run both Discjuggler and RecordNowMax 4.5 (just avoid that stupid 6.5 new version, it's childish at best, although it does burn well). Both work great.
The NTI program is generally fine, but a bit odd looking to my taste and rather poor for audioCD premastering.

yaputzis

i have installed atm diskjuggler 4.1, nero 5.5 and clonecd. using what ever i think it's best. haven't tried winoncd/dvd 6.0 and nti cd/dvd maker platinum 6.5.

Dj is by far the best commercial general burning proggy (once you've learnt how to use it that is). Problem is in learning how to use it properly which unfortunately ain't easy. Definitely not an app for beginners.

yaputzis

stone_burner said:
Dj is by far the best commercial general burning proggy (once you've learnt how to use it that is). Problem is in learning how to use it properly which unfortunately ain't easy. Definitely not an app for beginners.
any guide available? would like to learn it.

also could you please advise how to burn video dvd with dj?

Last edited:
yaputzis said:
any guide available? would like to learn it.

also could you please advise how to burn video dvd with dj?
Plain typical procedure: start a DVD premastering task, create two folders named AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, and drop the ripped files in the VIDEO_TS folder (the other one is needed but it's empty, unless your DVD has a DVD-audio section).
ALL FILENAMES SHOULD BE IN CAPITALS, else you may have compatibility problems!
Now simply burn, to as many devices as your Juggler licence allows... absolutely no need to toy with settings, at least in the last Juggler versions. The burned disk ALWAYS works.

Don't forget my fave when need a quick burn -- BAO, BurnAtOnce. Works on just about any system, is free, and lo-footprint. For all else I use Nero. It works.

Yep! The giveaway version (5.0.5.862 ?) is probably my favourite out of all the CD-R programs I have - much of it was little changed from 3.8 though ... Roxio didn't have a chance to spoil it since taking it over from Cequadrat - or taking over Cequadrat, I forget which!

www.cequadrat.com has now been erased from existence (it now takes you to Roxio) - if they did another freebie before they went, we missed it!

WinOnCD 5.0.5.865 was a fabulous mastering application, indeed... sorry I can't say the same for that stupid v.6 dinosaur, which is on par with the current EZ CD/Media Cremator bullshift. Extremely solid, easy to use, articulate... just wonderful. But still regarding advanced features it trails current Discjugggler versions- the only pro is the intuitive UI, while Juggler's is all but intuitive.

Last edited: