TDK VeloCD 52X/24X/48X EIDE

The last two burners I have bought have been TDK burners (the older 24x and a 48x), and they have both worked admirably! If they put out a 52x, I would bet that they keep up their good track record. Buy it if you can get a good deal. Otherwise, grab a 48x after the price drop...

poncho said:
Just wondering if TDK VeloCD 52X/24X/48X EIDE is a good burner or not.
Very good burner's poncho and many like the design of these units. TDK 52.24.48 = LiteOn LTR-52246S Dont know what software comes with the TDK but worth a look at. ;) Other wise just by the original Liter

Hey RASTABT,

I bought a TDK 48x16/24x48 and I like it a lot. The software that came with it is Nero Express. The actual model number of the drive is 4800B. There is another thread the says this is also a LiteOn. Do you know if this is true or not?

Sorry bro miss this one Yes it is a Liter in a new out fit Wedge.:D
I had one also but sold it to friend in the end it looked out of place in my tower...color scheme

Thanks bud :D

I might flash it to a Litey, not sure, but it's good to know that I can if I want to.

Btw, I like the color scheme. Sets it apart from other cdrw drives for sure.

I bought a TDK VeloCD 52X/24X/48X EIDE burner and it is great. My last 3 burners were HP burners, Please don't flame me for that. I have seen the light and now know what a real burner is. Thise TDK is very fast and quiet. I can burn a 700 MB cd in under 2:25.
I am now using my old HP burners as paper weights now :)

Great news!

Glad to hear you like it, poncho. Fast it is!! Also, I think it looks cool with the blue tray, a bit fashionable.
I love my TDK 48x 16/24x 48x (model 4800B).
In fact, I *think* I can flash it to a 52x but I am not sure. If I do that I *think* I am flashing the firmware to a Liteon.

If anybody knows whether this is accurate or not, please let me know.