system wont boot

can anyone help please my system wont boot...
amd sempron 2400
ati radion 9200 graphics card
768 meg of ram

when i turn on my system i get the power light on my unit and i get the hard drive light .
then i get an orange standby light on my medion flat screen monitor and then nothing......

i have noticed the sytem doesnt beep on start up .....

i have tried another monitor and that was the same..
also now tried another graphics card still no change......

any help would be appreciated..

Last edited:
scarecrow thanks for replying.I have tried 3 different sticks and im getting the same results every time.

Does your system have onboard video? If so, try using that when starting up. If that corrects the problem then you might have issues with your AGP slot. You can try re-seating all pci, agp, memory cards. That might help.

Nunyobiznes thanx for your reply, tried reseating all cards also tried to boot with an old graphics card. Still the same.......
when i boot i get no bios or anything i get a "no signal message on monitor".
and thats about it but im sure it used to beep on booting but it isnt now..

This is doing my head in....:(

if this is a new computer build try the following ...

you may have set the FSB jumper and bios fsb settings too high .. try finding the bios reset jumper (usually located somewhere near the battery) and making sure the power is off set the jumper across the opposite 2 pins that its covering at the minute ... wait a minute or so then put it back again this should reset the bios to factory set ...after doing this locate the FSB jumper using the motherboard manual and set it to the opposite settings its set as now or whats called the SAFE mode for the fsb ...then try powering up :)

note if you cannot find the bios jumper ...making sure everything is off ...remove the battery and wait 5-10 minutes this should flush the bios or back to defaults :)

you will need to reconfigure the bios if you reset it :)

viper thanx for your reply.... this is my old rig which up until this point hasnt given me any problems. I have tried what u said and its still the same....

i havnt tho got a spare power pack to try so ive orderd myself a flashy new case and power pack and replacement mobo and im gonna try and rebuild it. If i get the same mobo and use my old hard drive will i still be able to salvage my files?

thanx again....

While it's not sure that your windows will boot properly after changing mainboard (although chances are that they will) you can anytime copy/move your valuable data to a network or USB drive, or to CD/DVD media, by using a WinPE CD or a Linux liveCD to boot your new system.

Last edited:
thanx

just to say thanx for all yer help....new case/new mobo and it fired up first time and i could still use existing hard drive:D