Swap Magic discs

romm2002a

I purchased The Swap Magic discs, which work fine for me.
The only problem I have with these discs are their poor quality.
Upon opening the box and taking out these discs, I noticed how faintly the label was painted on. Looking at the edge of the disc the label seemed not to have printed very well as you can see through the disc in some areas. The edge of the label is not smooth quite jagged. I don?t know how long these disc are going to last seeing how messed up the label is. By that I mean. If the label continues to fade then the laser is going to have some serious issues trying to read the disc if the laser can see right through to the other side of the disc.

Has anyone else purchased these discs and found that the above holds true for them too?

Edited reason:- Post moved to the console area as "SWAP MAGIC is a console/playstation boot disk :) >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)

TACO813

i ordered the swap discs about a month ago and havn't had a problem. in fact mine look pretty good as far as quality. maybe it depends on who you order them from. mine came from saveware.com. it sounds like with yours some one made a backup of some swap discs, if that's possable.

TACO813 said:
i ordered the swap discs about a month ago and havn't had a problem. in fact mine look pretty good as far as quality. maybe it depends on who you order them from. mine came from saveware.com. it sounds like with yours some one made a backup of some swap discs, if that's possable.

Dont believe it`s possible to make a back up copy of the swap disks that will boot a game, the copy of the swap disks i would imagine would need an origininal to boot the copy, if you get what i mean.

My kids swap disks work a treat, had them 8 or 9 months now and the colour looks solid.

ps2king

I ordered the Swap Discs along with a NEO KEY external and sent it right back for 2 reasons. It wasn't compatible with the V7 i had, and it didn't support DVD-R backups. having a neo key modded is like having a car straight from the Junkyard that's about to die in a couple of hrs. Sorry if this offends any of those who do have a neo key. But it's only the truth.

monkeyboogers

dvd-r

ps2king said:
I ordered the Swap Discs along with a NEO KEY external and sent it right back for 2 reasons. It wasn't compatible with the V7 i had, and it didn't support DVD-R backups. having a neo key modded is like having a car straight from the Junkyard that's about to die in a couple of hrs. Sorry if this offends any of those who do have a neo key. But it's only the truth.

So does your xbox play -r disk because mine does ans some don't?

ps2king

monkeyboogers said:
So does your xbox play -r disk because mine does ans some don't?
My xbox?? I have a ps2. and yes it can play DVD-R because i modded it with a Messiah 2 Pro v1.30

ps2king

I'd just like to ask the following.

Those who use Swap magic discs are you happy with em? Do you mind putting them in everytime and swapping?

Also what modchip do you guys have that use these boot discs.

romm2002a

ps2king said:

Those who use Swap magic discs are you happy with em? Do you mind putting them in everytime and swapping?

I don't use a mod chip. Just the swap discs and the cog knife trick.
So far I've had no problems at all.

ps2king

Just as I thought. Did you know that the Cog knife trick is VERY harmful to ur ps2. But hey, it's ur ps2 and ur money! me personally if I wanted to do the cog knife trick then I'd rather take a 10lb sledge hammer and bash the CD tray.

As I said b4 it's ur money.

romm2002a

ps2king said:
Just as I thought. Did you know that the Cog knife trick is VERY harmful to ur ps2. But hey, it's ur ps2 and ur money! me personally if I wanted to do the cog knife trick then I'd rather take a 10lb sledge hammer and bash the CD tray.

As I said b4 it's ur money.
I could really care less as to what happens to my PS2. I started off with an XBOX and though it was the best console out there. Then I got a sweet deal on a PS2 and thought I'd pick it up so that I can play Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City but now that both games are released for the XBOX, my PS2 will be collecting dust. I'm not happy with the PS2 at all. Graphics and gameplay are not up to par when compared to the XBOX.

ps2king

Alrighty then, if that's how you feel then so be it. What people feel about each console is in THEIR opinion, so I'm not going to bother,.

Pete_Moss

ps2king said:

I received my Swap Magic disks today, along with a 'PS2FlipTop'. No mod chip needed, and it works great with the first 3 DVD-R's I burned: GTA3, Indiana Jones, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.
The FlipTop was a snap to install (once I got the reset flat cable arranged), and the Swap Magic DVD disk worked flawlessly. I'm very happy!

ps2king

a cousin of mine has a modchip ( i think it's a no-solder mod and GS2) and he was happy with it for the first year or so. When I spoke to him he wanted to change. He got sick and tired. In the long run I don't think its work it.

deMun

PS2 Swap Disk question on True Crime Backup

I have a ps2 and I have the swap disks and flip top.
I have been burning backups and I am able to play all my backups but one. True Crime. I get a message that the game copied successfully but when I pop the game in I get the activision logo then the part where the main character appears and kicks the screen. after that I get the ps2 message asking me to insert a compatible ps2 disk.

Now when I play my original I notice that after the scene where the man kicks the screen the ps2 seems to do another boot up check.. Soo I checked the backup cd and noticed 2 files.
INTRO.pss and INTRO2.pss

Is there any way to copy the game so that it skips the first intro check and goes straight to the second? or even bypass the whole intro??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

chris86wm

same problem :(

hey i have the same exact problem with my true crime backup i really need some help so if ne body could help me plz do!!!!!!!!!1

chris86wm

hey lol i found out how to load true crime ( i have a flip top and swap magic v2.0 (dvd) and v3.0 (cd) )
first u have to go to swapmagicfix.com
then u find true crimes and download the correct cd loader for ur system
when u get it u burn it on a cdr
then put ur swap magic cd and put it in the ps2
when it loads use the fliptop to switch the disk for the burned cd loader
press x and load it
then when the cd loader screen comes up and asks u to load a game PRESS X AND DO NOT LOAD UR BURNED GAME!!!!!
instead this will take u to the menu
select beta 5v3 no pn (this should be the 2nd one in the collumn)
that brings u back to the cd loader main screen
U HAVE 2 OPTIONS AFTER THIS (THIS DEPENDS ON WHAT U BURNED UR GAME ON)
1- ON A DVD RIPPED CDR use the swap trick and insert ur game and then press x (THATS IT)
2- if u burned the game straight onto a dvdr u must now press EJECT and insert the swap magic (dvd) disk----- then press x---- wait for the screen to load yet again and then use the swap trick to insert ur burned game.

THIS WORKED FOR ME
ps. if u dont like my instructions follow the ones on swapmagicfix.com

ps2king

Juked said:
How come none of these disks are found over the internet to download?
Not sure what you mean by disks, but here I go anyways. These "disks" are found over the internet and yes you can download em. The thing is we're not suppose to be talking about it in this forum because this is a warez free forum. There are programs that allow you to download games but it will not be disscussed on this site.

pterpm

how to use slide card and swap magic disc

hello everybody
anyone can show me how to use slide card and swap magic disc because when i oder them in modchipamerica.com they not include the instruction with it , so please show me how
thank you very much and my email is pterpm@yahoo.com