SVCD made to run at VCD

I know it sounds a little stuppid. But!! The movies I make are of high quility but only play on some DVD players. Is there a way to creat a SVCD and burn it under the vcd standard so it is more compateble with other players and still maintane the quility. Or is it my buring method that is at falt.

don't think you can burn mpeg2 into mpeg1 format.

what you can do is make what is called an XVCD. Which has a higher bitrate than normal 1150 VCD and you can also change the resolution to that approaching SVCD. It still stays as mpeg1 so it should be compatible. There was a lot of info ... on w*w.vcdhelp.com or w*w.doom9.net .

Hi, there seems to be a vcd Header trick...I've never tried it, coz my player plays svcd's. but you might want to try.
It does NOT convert the mpeg2 file to mpeg1, so that you are not loosing quality, but instead it just changes the header of the disc, so that your player thinks it is playing a vcd, but your file is still mpeg2. go here and give it a try....

h++p://www.geocities.com/newestmoviesencode/dvdvcd

greetz and good luck

the above methods work.
But only on certain models of dvd player.
Its worth a try but anyone who wants to watch SVCD properly just has to get a player with good compatability.
Remember many players that say they play svcd do it jerkily or have other problems.

Doing the header trick onlyworks for very few DVD players and genearlly makes then LESS compatable overall than the original SVCD.

Try butning your SVCD using VCDEasy rather than Nero for better playback results.

Chickenman, I tried using the header trick on an SVCD I created with your brilliant tutorial and within 45mins I had changed my mpg from SVCD to VCD and burnt it via VCDEasy including the creation of chapters and it worked perfectly, the quality is outstanding (well on my dvd player anyway!) I know you say that this trick only works on some players but I would urge anyone to try it if time is an issue, especially if they can play CDRW to test it first.