SuSE + DSL

I now have ADSL (at long last) and a problem.I can't get SuSE to access the web!
I've set up the new log on and password and still can't get out.I've turned off the firewall as my modem/router has a built in one (vigor 2600)

using a shell and typing adsl-setup and going thru the prompts, it fails to detect eth0 (on board,broadcom 10/100, ASUS A7V333-x M/board)

I've tried assigning various i.p addresses in "routing" but I'm a little lost in this area.

any help would be appreciated.

Some more input about the ADSL modem/router as well as the kernel on use, please...
Modern kernels (starting from 2.4.19 and on) should have no problems, even with a wireless router, if compiled properly.
PS: I'd also like to know if your onboard NIC uses EEPROM to store configuration data. It seems that for NIC cards that use EEPROM for storing information, the usage of the latest 2000 or XP security updates from Micros**t may well brake the Linux support on dualboot systems! :rolleyes:
(sounds incredible, but it's true, it seems- you can find analytical discussions about the issue at Mandrake and Knoppix forums).

Last edited:
Some more input about the ADSL modem/route...vigor 2600

www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2600.html

Modern kernels (starting from 2.4.19 and on.............at least this,will try and check

onboard NIC uses EEPROM to store configuration data......don't know,how do i find out?

As an update,I D/L Lycoris desktop and installed it,at first I got no Web access or sound.I installed an older 3com network card (3c905) and a 4.1 sound card,I now have sound plus Web,and as a bonus,Samba set it self up from install !

It'll do for now but i would much rather have SuSE back !

Any more info would be helpful,I intend to re-install SuSE on my spare box and try to configure it from here.