subtitles

ICharlYI

hello im having a problem with the subtitles on the dvd. ive burned the subtitles with the movie avi .on the computer it shows the subtitles fine but on DVD they are back to front..its hebrew subtitles...does somebody knows how to fix it?
Thank U
Happy Holidays

hello im having a problem with the subtitles on the dvd. ive burned the subtitles with the movie avi .on the computer it shows the subtitles fine but on DVD they are back to front..its hebrew subtitles...does somebody knows how to fix it?
Thank U
Happy Holidays
Hi ICharlYI!

I'm not in expert in your problem. But I'm sure the real experts need some more infos:

What software did you use to compile the DVD? What file typ were the subtitles before the DVD compiling?

Greetings from
Duracell

OK, as you made a data disc it's not really compatible with standalone DVD players. You wrote "on the computer it shows the subtitles fine but on DVD they are back to front" so i guessed you talking about a standalone DVD player. So what are you talking about a DVD drive in your computer or a standalone DVD player?

If standalone DVD player you have to compile a real compatible Video-DVD.

If DVD drive in your computer it may be a problem of your player software. Try another one, there a free solutions e.g. VLC player: VLC media player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ICharlYI

yes its a standalone DVD player. how do i compile a video DVD?
will the subtitles be right after that? isnt there some program or codec to flip the subtitles?

yes its a standalone DVD player. how do i compile a video DVD?
have a look: TheFilmMachine - DVD CDR Base Forums
http://forum.dvdrbase.info/thefilmmachine/40628-filmmachine-converts-avi-dvd-s-vcd.html

will the subtitles be right after that?
they should;

isnt there some program or codec to flip the subtitles?
if you further like to use the DATA disc, then the "codec" must be in your standalone DVD player; and that's not possible for you to implement it there;

ICharlYI

I just downloaded english subs instead and it works fine...
thanx for your help Duracell

have a good year