Stop Error in ndis.sys

after many tries with XP i have gone back to ME but i would like to know how to stop the goddamn stop error in ndis.sys i get every 2 mins or so even after converting to NTFS last time i tried i still got an error after countless hours searching m$'s support site i gave up. can anyone help me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

whenever i tried to install SP1 the stop error kept occuring partway through the install plus when i checked the fixes in the service pack in @ m$ support it didn't have anything for this i know there are fixes for NT and 2000 as the have the same problem sometimes

It might be a problem with the network adapter (if any).If you have a via motherboard i'd suggest you to reinstall the driver for this adapter:
h**p://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=71#lan

Have you tried booting from the CD and choose Repair to try to fix the corrupted file(s)?

Otherwise, try booting and hit F8 to boot to Safe Mode with No Networking. If this works, uninstall and reinstall the network driver.

If you feel talented, boot from the CD, choose Console Repair and login with your password, then type LISTSVC, find the network driver and DISABLE it.

i have tried disabling it but every time i do while it's in the XP loader screen it gives me a windows protection error and then i have to goto last good configuration. and the file the Cable Modem Uses is called c21ndis.sys and not ndis.sys, also the stop error i keep getting is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Can you boot into Safe Mode, No Networking and Uninstall the driver completely, then reboot? If that works, your driver is not compatible with XP.

Just Reinstalled XP on a Separate Partition using a driver provider by Com21 and so far everything is going all right.