Still Need Help

Hi Again
I stil need help with Windows XP Pro, when burning a cd with Nero i can only get to 20% and my machine shuts down, i posted earlier that it seems to shut off randomly which it does but this is repeatable with nero every time. i now dont a restart as advised i altered the settings and just get the blue screen of death. i managed to get this of the screen if anyone can decode?
at the top IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and near the bottom
STOP: 0X0000000A (0X000000EC, 0X00000000,0X805135D8)

This has only been happening the last few weeks

from my previous post
Can anybody Help, i am running Windows XP Pro, for no apparent reason my puter has stared reseting itself at random times, there is no regularity to these resets and are not related to using any one software.
i have used trojan remover, windows power tweak, registry firewall and the obvious virus scanners, they all report that my system is ok
so why does it keep switching off

Banzi said

Does it just keep rebootuin 4 no real reason & no warning?? (yes)

If so do U have a Nvidia graphics card?? (yes)

My pal had the same prob, turn's out it was the nvidia drivers that were screwin up XP pro, U could try updatin the cards drivers

Or have U installed any new hardware or any other drivers?? ( no)

to answer other questions
Its a MSI MBO with Raid, AMD XP 2100+ CPU, 512 PC2100 SDRAM

This is a very general error, and it can be very hard to determine whats the culprit. It can be drivers, psu, faulty ram, faulty motherboard, bad cable somewhere etc etc.
"The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Stop 0x0000000A errors are able to be generated by both software and hardware issues. The message indicates that a kernel mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address that it did not have access to"

These error messages are generally formatted in the following fashion:

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xwwwwwwww, 0xxxxxxxxx, 0xyyyyyyyy, 0xzzzzzzzz)
0xwwwwwwww
The address that was referenced improperly.
0xxxxxxxxx
IRQL that was required to access the memory.
0xyyyyyyyy
Type of access.
0xzzzzzzzz
Address of instruction that attempted to access 0xwwwwwwww.

Thrice had similar bsods(reaccuring, on win2k though)
1. Turned out to be a faulty psu cable.
2. Had tightened the screews on mu cpu cooler too much, resulting in a broken "bridge", (have a cooler thats supposed to be fastened through four holes in the mb around the cpu)
3. Some beta vga drivers i tried out.
Try a search on google and here
Also take a look here and here

Be prepared to use quite some time as there is a massive amount of info on this.
Good luck, hope some of this may help
:)

The 0xEC address referer indicates a SCSI/ATAPI problem.
This can be either Hardware or software.
Since I assume that your cabeling and burner are fully operational -> cd burner in cd-rom mode works fine, This is caused by a faulty nero installation or third party mainboard drivers (-> via, etc.).

A good place to start ist to reinstall your nero.
If that fails try to reinstall your mainboard drivers (first uninstall, reboot, then reinstall)

If neither of the both works please post the memory dump winxp provides from the crash. Then we'll look further ....

i have used the event viewer and there is an error that says that a driver failed to load or is missing (memalloc) this must be a memory allocation thingy, also my system information doesnt work in accessories so i think its time to do some sort of reinstall as suggested by saxon

What also can be are some filesystem errors on your harddrive. You should run chkdsk /f before you start reinstalling your entire system.

saxon said:
What also can be are some filesystem errors on your harddrive. You should run chkdsk /f before you start reinstalling your entire system.

Will do, a project for next week i think