Stable software for DVD-Video ?

At the moment I use burnatonce 99b or ImgToolBurn (Nero)
for mastering my dvd-video.

Is there any other STABLE software that is as good as these mentioned ?
(Just fancy a change !!)

Is CopyToDVD any good for this ?

If something works quite well for you,you better stay with it......dvd burning is much more dependant on the total combination of hardware, programs and disc quality than cd burning,so if you have found a combo that does the job real good,without making coasters,it wouldn't be wise to change ......

I've switched from ImgToolBurn to ONES for all my DVDR burning. Nero wont burn a label any longer than 16 characters, regardless of what settings you choose. ONES burns labels to 32 chrs.

@chickenman , I have a major problem with ones, every time i try & copy on the fly it crashes.
Thats why i dont use it , mastering a dvd seems to work !!

Dont know why this is ?? it might be a chipset problem ?
(msi kt3 ultra2 mb with via kt333 chipset, pioneer 121 dvd-rom , pioneer dvr 109 + 106 )

anyone else have probs with ones ??

ONES works fine here, although I mainly use K3B which aint usable for most people here (it's a Linux application). I could also use BAO, but since ONES does not give me the slightest problem I cannot see why I must switch...

Something strange just happened ....

Used my DVR106 as the reader (instead of DVD121)
With DVR109 as writer and it worked !!

So presuming my 121 was at fault I switched it with a Liteon SOHD 167T !! (That i had lying around)
Tried again + It crashed again

Strange.....

It must be how i have my system setup !!

IDE:0 master: Pioneer121 (or Liteon SOHD 167T) Slave: Pioneer106
IDE:1 master: Pioneer109. Slave: Liteon48246s

2x Maxtor 120G Hard drives on my RAID (Basicly using raid as additional IDE)

Last edited:
Many people have probs with crashing on ONES when trying on the fly copying. I'd buy a AT133 PCI card to get more IDE ports or better still try using Discjuggler instead.

I have NEC 3500 as primary master, Plextor Premium as secondary master, both with no slave drives and the HD is SATA... This config is close to spider's and I have zero problems (excluding that the Plextor can only burn at "max", "med" or "min" speeds).