Spyro the Dragon Series

broken
was using clonecd3221 to do all my backups of all my psx games not ever had a coaster till i put xp pro on then update to 3341 i all so have the same key, got a copy of discjuggler retail key and then i was able to backup psx clonecd 3341 10 coasters so far iam tring to fine any old copy of 3221 when i do ill let you know how i make out iwas able to backup even the newer games harry potter with 3221 i think it is clonecd thats giving me the coasters

The patches should be the same bud.One last thing...try burning the cue with cdrwin instead.Use slow speeds 4X read and write max.Running out of ideas for you.Don't know if you can afford it but a new writer would make it way easier if you burn lots of Psx.Media is also Important I like Cdr's with dark blue dyes,eg Verbation AZo blue.

Clone cd is by far the easiest(no patching)With the proper burner.;)

Yeh im thinking the same things

What brand of burner is decent enuff to read and write these games without the patches

broken

I would recommend the Liteon 24102B.Does all game copies,Pc and Psx.Or more expensive the 32XLiteon writer(not sure of the model#).Cheaper option is the Liteon 12102B,or 16102B.Must be exact model #s.;)

i have a plextor 241040a i like it , media i was using anything good on sale but now am starting to think, maybe woody is on the money about using good madia blue eye,but iwas told that the liteon is also a good burner ,

?why when i use my discjugglerwith agood key iam ok
?but when i use clonecd with a newer key coaster city

iam going out now and going to get a psx oem,ill even going to see if i can get spyro
some good media, and iam going to try to back it up,ill be back.

Hey all.

Well thank you very much for all your help.

I think woody's hit it on the head with the drive being not able to perform the tasks i want it too.

As of 2morrow, my Acer drive, will be retiring and a new one will be taking its place.

Woody, i managed to find the Lite On 24102B on sale, for $175 bucks, which is in $aus dollars of course :)

anyway thats hell cheap, so im gonna go grab 1 when i get paid.

Thanks all who offered advice, much appreciated.
Broken

Hi,
I've just been reading about your problems in copying the Spyro games. I can't offer any more help than what has already been given, but I do have a copy of Spyro that I managed to burn with Clone CD. I don't mind doing a copy for you if you would like it. It is the first in the series. Just let me know ok :)
Karen

I would not use Kodak Gold cd's for psx games Because sony playstation lenses can not read the data as easily .

I suggest that u get cds that have a blue recording surface. ie.mitshubishi, TDK etc.

Did you disable XP`s burning engine I think I read some where that people was having problems copying programs and their problems were solved when they disabled the burning software built into windows xp. havent did this myself so not shure why.

cdrwin 3.7f

Br[o]ken try cdrwin v3.7f my old writer won't wright subchanel but this version wrights it for you make sure you set it to auto and disable jitter hope it works for you

ok gunna add my bit here i have all 3 spyro games they copied fine no worries using clone and the read and write settings stated earlier in this post i have a plextor 24/10/40a my other is a plextor 412c both can read and write sub channel data and ive yet to have a problem with psx disks never had to patch a game ever! so i go with "joripe" here that if yer burner cannot burn sub channel data then it aint gunna happen with any psx game that has lybcrypt in the sub channel data! sure yer DVD will read it but if ya cannot write it then there is no chance of getting it to work! ..... As for clony saying other games have lybcrypt they may not its just a generic tag psx/lybcrypt that pops up saves having 2 displays as psx are as far as im aware the only media that has lybcrypt on! so you may find the other disks you have done dont have lybcrypt on !?

So lets hope ya have more luck with yer new LITEY using clone! :D

Oh and one final note depending on how old yer psx is or how often its used (wear and tear on the lazer) and media / brand of cdr you may get a duff disk or the disk is fine but will not work in the psx !? some times even new psx units cant read some brands of media :(

Just wanted to add a couple of things. I have used B`S Recorder Gold That came with my sony 24X10X40 CRX175A1 Drive to backup all of my playstation games and use the wizard option and just select disk duplicate from the wizard menu and burn at no faster than 16x and read with my acer slot loading DVD rom and donot have to select any special settings and have successfully backed up 30 or more psx games without getting even one coaster. one of the things i like about this software is that after it burns the disk and ejects it it asks if you would like to make another copy yes or no i seem to use this alot. my playstation is a 7501 with a stealth 3 modchip thats 2years old and my playstation reads the backups flawlessly and my kids play it alot with no problems. i also use this software with my plextor 24X10X40 and have had same results but still use clone on programs that i think might be a problem to copy. the b`s software just seems to be a little more convient. let me know if any one has used this software with same results.or not:)