Spyro the Dragon Series

Hi, i've been trying to copy all of the spyro series for PS1, with no luck.

I've tried all of the tricks i've read on here, and still it turns out a coaster..... or CDRWIN, stops and reports and error that it cannot read sectors xxxx to xxxx or something, even tho i have turned error reporting to off....

I used clonny to determine the security, and it sez that they're just normal playstation encrypted.... i also have tried Nero 5.5, CloneCD, CDRWIN, and now have found a proggy called Fireburner as some1 said that might work ....

Can any1 help me out please?

Ok,

Just tried CloneCD, did it all correctly...

Wrote the image, at lowest speed, then wrote to the cd.

Cd comes out, as an Audio cd... with a 600meg .cda file on it, that my pc wont recognize.

Why is it turning them out like this?

The image was read correctly, what the fark am i doing wrong?

Can any1 shed any light on this.

Broken

ok

so my cd drive will read the sub channel data?

i got told to use the burner as the read device because cd drives cant do that...

this is soooooo confusing.....

ok.

so use the cd drive.. which is an LG 52X drive, and all should be ok yeh?

Broken

Ok cheers man,

you been a great help.

OK, just b4 i go off and burn this thing again

Heres what im doing, tell me if u would do it differently if u were in my shoes.

Genuine PSX cd in CD-ROM now, reading image onto HDD.
in separate directory on its own, drive has been defragged 3 hours ago :)

when finished, burn using acer burner, at 1X speed, copy should hopefully work....if it doesnt, i gather i cant read subchannel data and need at least 1 drive that can.

Ive got 3 drives shit, burner, cd-rom and dvd-rom.... surely 1 wil work :)

ok if im doin nething wrong pls say so.

Cheers

Ok,

did all that, but no luck.

This is what I do ok. and this is the outcome.

Writer - Read 1X
Cd-ROM - Read 1X

Both give no errors, and apparently create a good image.

I burn the cd, using the burner obviously, at 2X, coz thats the lowest CloneCD will let me burn at.

The burning finishes, and apparently is good.

I put the cd in my PC Cd-ROM, and all that is on the disk is a 600+ meg .cda file (Which is cd audio).... no game,... no nothing....

What the heck am i doing wrong?

Broken

Yeh they sure do..

I actually went and out and bought some apparently good media today, trying to eliminate the possibility that my media i have been using may be at fault.

Kodak Golds....

I tried to copy Spyro 3, year of the dragon, but i did it on the fly this time, rather than write an image.

The part taht gets me, is not losing the cd to a coaster, is that ClonyCD, the encryption dectector, tells me that spyro has psx/libcrypt on it, and to alter a few settings and it should be fine.

Yet Gran Turismo 2, has the same encryption, and i have copied the game three times, and its been used on 3 different mod chipped PSX's, and works without any problems.

What the hell am i doing wrong here?

Broken.

And yes, the "on the fly" copy runs fine, then as u enter the game, it hangs..... and yes all of my drives detect it as an "audio cd" yet the files are identically placed and named, as the original cd.

SO What can i do now?

Oh and also.

Im using RAW DAO to burn.

My drive isnt compatible with SAO, not that it means much to me anyways.

Are my drives really whats at fault here?

I just cant understand how, these games I backup, some work, and some dont. and its not just spyro 3, its 1 & 2, of that series as well which wont backup properly....

Ive done Monsters Inc, GT2, Croc, and Test drive 6, ALL have the PSX/Libcrypt on them, yet they work.

I would really like to sort this out, i just dont think my hardware is at fault.... waht else can i possibly do to fix this problem?

Broken

Me again,

Can someone write down on here what I have to do and with what progams.

I must be missing something here.. 10 coasters is enuff.... i just really love these games, and im addicted... :)

Thanx.
Broken

Ok,

Now ur starting to open more doors where problems can jump out behind....

Right, my serial is 1 i found online, Says its registered to Omega

how do u find out if this is blacklisted?
And where can i get 1 that isnt .....

2ndly, I'm not to sure on the direct cd, or incd... i checked installed programs, and drive properties etc, no listings there, where would i find that info?

Im glad u understand my addiction, also spyro is just so damn sexc too heh :)

settings im using at present are:

Read
Speed = 1X ( got told its the best, even tho u can use 4 speed.)
Read subchannel data ON
read subchannel audio ON
Dont report errors ON

Write
1X speed
Close last session
Dont repair subchannel data

thats waht im using.
CloneCD 3.3.4.1

I really think taht my hardware is not the problem, as i've performed many copies b4, eg Croc, Gran Turismo 2, etc, so im betting its software...

So what else is possibly causing these problems?

Oh and also, the discs i did this morning, on another Kodak gold, turned out as an Audio CD, and only had 1 .cda track on it, That was using the above settings in CloneCD.

I did 1 yesterday as mentioned b4, using nero, "on the fly" tho, and it actuallyl oaded the game, but locks up at the start up menu b4 u get to choose to start. That was also classed as an "Audio CD" but had the recognizable files on it..... weird.

hope u can help.
Broken

And also,

answering ur 2nd question,

No im not playing them on my PC, Im using a Playstation 1.

that has a new mod chip in it, installed 2 weeks ago.

Broken

just an update.

I removed CloneCD, from my pc, and registered it under a different key, using a key gen i found on here.

Seems to be ok.

I just tried to copy anotehr game 2nite, called Dino Crisis, and it still turned out an audio cd with 2 tracks on it.

so i think that pretty much rules out the software.

I used the cd-rom to read that this time. Because when i tried 2 use the writer, the disk spinning in there way really loud, and i became worried it was gona damage the drive/disc, so i stopped it and wacked it in the cd-rom.

Im guessing that my drives dont read the subchannel data, which is why only the audio is being copied ..... im gonnna try my dvd-rom now.

be back in 10, to update on that.
Broken

Right,

Yeh i always check the dont report errors....

Read the original disc in my DVD rom, which is a Pioneer dvd, i just upgraded the firmware on it too the current, apparnetly it does read subchannel data, some guy mentioned it on a review site of the drive.

Read went ok, no problems.... as always.

Write went fine, The disc wasnt an "Audio Cd" this time in windows. and all files were in the right places and sizes etc. so it looked like it worked perfectly.

Stuck it in the PSX, game loads, just b4 it hits the start menu of the game, the video loops, around, no music is played, and then pushing any of the buttons locks up the playstation, and the screen jsut freezes.....

Which sound like the copy protection coming into effect.

So what am i still doin wrong now?

11 coasters, and stil no spyro :(

HELP!
Broken

Your acer can't write full subs that are requied for protected Psx.

go to megagames for proper patches,then use the method below.

I have a Freecom burner which is a rebadged Phillips 4801.
I have never been able to copy protected psx games using Cdrwin and the relevant patch - until now !

Thanks to Woody !!!!!

I use Cdrwin to create a bin file as usual, then apply the patch.
I then use Fireburner to write to cdr:-

Open Fireburner
Select "visual cue burner"
Drag your image.cue into the pane
Right click it and select "burn/testburn"
Select TAO - this is the important bit and the reason why cdrwin doesn't work (I think) cos it writes DAO.
For a Tutorial on Cdrwin and patching tool..go here
h**p://www.geocities.com/psxcplist/

Look in the top window for tutorials,sometimes it is hidden.
;)

Hi woody,

Thank you for shedding light on this problem.

My question is tho,

My version of fireburner i just downloaded the other day, doesnt have a visual cue burner anywhere.....

Can u make the instructions any more detail? heh :)

And also, is there a key gen for this proggy, as mines in trial mode...

Broken

Go to software requests and ask for a serial bud.Just load the cue file as always.This is an old post,so Fireburner has probably been updated.I have never used this method,as my writer supports full subs.I found the information long ago,and passed it on because it seems to work.;)

Good luck...be sure to check the games list at Psxcplist.It will tell you which games are protected.Those will need patching.Then you need to find the proper patches and patch with ppf-o-matic,also at that site.

Ok

another brick wall mate

Im in australia right, and i cant find patches taht say they are for Aus games.... aus/pal they'd be, closest i can find was euro/pal,.. did a burn, and it doesnt work......

any ideas where aussie patches mite be hiding?

Broken