SpyBot Search&Destroy

Laz

What does SpyBot-Search & Destroy?

SpyBot-S&D searches your hard drive for so-called spy- or adbots; that is, little modules that are responsible for the ads many programs display. Many of these modules also transmit information, including your surfing behavior on the Internet.
If SpyBot-S&D finds such modules, it can remove them. In most cases the host still runs fine after removing the spyware/adware.
For a list of 'supported' targets see the feature lists below. The Spybot-S&D interface is so easy that updates require simply replacing a file of about 80k in size. Those updates are distributed by my software mailing list, and are also available from inside the Programs Update section.

Another feature of Spybot S&D is the removal of usage tracks, which makes it more complicated for unknown spybots to transmit useful data. The list of last visited websites, opened files, started programs, cookies, all that and more can be cleaned. Supported are the three major browsers Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator and Opera.

Spybot-S&D also contains some routines to find and correct invalid entries (regarding links left over from software uninstalled long ago, for example) into the registry (the global Windows database for settings).

http://spybot.eon.net.au/

The version before this one was a good one it could remove usage tracks and al ot of other stuff but the new version does't or there is a hdden feature?

current version 1.2

Last edited:
demarc said:
The version before this one was a good one it could remove usage tracks and al ot of other stuff but the new version does't or there is a hdden feature?

current version 1.2
demarc,the thing with S&D is it runs in easy mode by default.This mode doesn`t automatically remove usage tracks.Run it on advanced mode-you can change everything by going to Settings-scroll down to Expert Mode.Also set it to run in advanced mode by default.Voila!

DJTB

Spybot

I have just started using Spybot and it's highlighted things I just never knew was there - It's a great tool! :)